Method acting is an acting technique wherein the actors completely delve into the characters they intend to potray and breathe life into them. Bollywood has recently indulged into this technique and bought it to mainstream cinema, mainly because directors demanded their actors to sit for readings and insisted to cater to the film’s vision. A trend common in Hollywood, has also seeped in our bollywood stars. Here are 12 bollywood actors who took method acting to a whole new level.
1. Ranveer’s potrayal of Alauddin Khilji was critically acclaimed and became one of the major reasons of Padmaavat’s success.
2. The actor spent 3 weeks on a diet of black coffee and carrots – to look his part of a man starving after being locked in a high rise. Presenting Rajkumar Rao!
3. Aamir famously known for his body transformations and characters he plays took his Dangal character transformation way too ahead!
4. Kapoor reportedly spent a lot of time researching the lingo of Delhi University and Jaat boys, which made for a seamless performance in Rockstar, which gave his career a big boost.
5. Randeep Hooda lost an alarming 18 kilos in 28 days to look like a starving prisoner in a Pakistani jail, the results were convincing but it took a toll on the actor’s health.
6. The actor dove in to transform herself as a pro-boxer, and gave a fearlessly honest performance as India’s fierce Mary Kom.
7. Nawaz bhai prepared for this role by going away to a secluded cheap motel in Lonavala for a few days before shooting. He played the role of a serial killer.
8. Vineet Kumar Singh transformed himself into a bulky boxer over the course of 2 years before the film went on floors. He trained with the coaches of former national champions in Ludhiana and trained till the day before the shoot began.
9. Dhawan plays a man who over the course of 15 years avenges the murder of his wife and son, which lead him into depression.
10. Hrithik plays a paraplegic seeking euthanasia in Guzaarish for which he underwent a lot of body transformation to fit to his character perfectly. He still managed to look HOT!?!
11. Amitabh Bachchan in Paa as Auro, a 12 year old kid who suffers from a rare disease named Progeria.
12. SRK was phenomenal as a role of a dunkard in Devdas that Sanjay Leela Bhansali claimed to recast him if ever he makes a remake!
All christian Bales and Daniel Day-lewis of Hollywood assemble and take inspiration!