25 Best Karl Marx Quotes On Communism, Capitalism, Religion & More
One of the most influential figures in the modern history, Karl Marx ideas and philosophy has shaped up the world as we see it today. Marx’s theory of society, economy, politics and religion, collectively known as Marxism, inspired revolutions, overthrew dynasties, changed the social systems and brought a new phase of political systems and governance all across the globe.His writings, philosophy, theories and Krl Marx quotes continues to inspire political movements and people.
We bring you the best Karl Marx quotes that sum up his ideas on communism, capitalism, money, religion, life, humanity and a lot more.
Here we go…
1. The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the rope
2. The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.
3. The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
4. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life.
5. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries unite!
6. I am nothing but I must be everything.
7. I am nothing but I must be everything.
8. Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!
9. To be radical is to grasp things by the root
10. It is not the consciousness of men that determines their being, but, on the contrary, their social being that determines their consciousness.
11. Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand
12. The theory of Communism may be summed up in one sentence: Abolish all private property
13. History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce
14. From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs
15. The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion
16. Landlords, like all other men, love to reap where they never sowed
17. The tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living
18. Labor in the white skin can never free itself as long as labor in the black skin is branded
19. Accumulate, accumulate! This is Moses and the Prophets!
20. While the miser is merely a capitalist gone mad, the capitalist is a rational miser
21. The writer may very well serve a movement of History as its mouthpiece, but he cannot of course create it
22. Men make their own History
23. Time is everything, man is nothing: He is at the most time’s carcass
24. The production of too many useful things r results in too many useless people
25. Revolutions are the locomotives of history
Marx continues to remain a highly controversial figure. Marxism in the past and in today’s world has produced several other streams of thoughts, ideas and ideologies. Some of the revolutions inspired by these ideas have been used for political advantage and are responsible for blood shed and the death of millions. However, the impact of Karl Marx’s ideas on the world today is unquestionable.
If you know of other Karl Marx quotes that we missed on, do let us know in the comments below!