If we’re being honest, we’ve all witnessed Bollywood’s downhill journey with music this last decade. Fresh tunes and memorable lyrics have been replaced by one nonsensical remix after another. Earlier, at least makers had the decency to remix songs from a few decades ago. These days, producers remix songs from the same year itself. Talk about getting a downgrade. Anyhoo, we stumbled upon this hilarious Twitter handle that seems to be just as pissed about ridiculous Bollywood lyrics as we are. This account, Bollywood Lyrics That Are Shitposts (@bollylyrix) on Twitter, posts… well, Bollywood lyrics that are shitposts.
— Bollywood Lyrics that are shitposts (@bollylyrix) December 18, 2020
Keep reading to find some amusing shitposts/lyrics ahead:
1. Bhai started talking about gender affirmation before it was cool.
2. Wrong. Everybody calls him bhai. That’s why he’s a virgin.
3. How did this get past the censor board? We’ll never know.
4. An accurate representation of me dealing with fuccbois in my DMs.
5. If you never want to get married, take tips.
6. In continuation…
7. When you want to sound profound but have the vocabulary of a fourth grader.
8. Why? How?
9. Me feeling judged while eating at a restaurant all by myself:
10. Bhai doesn’t see colour. So progressive. <3
11. He’s repeating himself as if the lyric was difficult to understand the first time. How cute.
Me to my dog:
13. Karl Marx is smiling in his grave.
14. As he should.
15. These Youtube recipes are getting wild, y’all.
16. Had us in the first half, not gonna lie.
17. My friend talking in an American accent after staying in New York for one semester:
18. I’m pretty sure these aren’t symptoms of love. It’s usually depression and body image issues, haha. It’s okay I’m fine.
19. Sounds like a very specific kink but okay.
20. How are these two instances related? Is he implying that a girl wanting a boy’s affection is suicide? Because I agree.
21. I have a feeling Hannibal Lecter approves.
22. Top 10 things that didn’t age well:
#1. This song.
Did you like these Bollywood lyrics that are shitposts? If you did, don’t forget to follow @bollylyrix on Twitter!
For a quick detox, also read: 32 Hindi AR Rahman Songs That Will Make your day