Inspired by the life and story of Indian business tycoon – Dhirubhai Ambani, Guru is the story of a businessman Gurukant Desai who braves all odds to become the most successful businessman of the country. A movie that is reflective of a common man’s desire for ambition and success, the story, songs, music, performances and dialogues from Guru were loved by the audiences. Guru is undoubtedly one of the gems by ace film maker and director Mani Ratnam.
We bring you some of the best dialogues from Guru that’ll inspire you!
1. Jab log tumhare khilaaf bolne lage…Samajh lo tarakki kar rahe ho
2. Chalis saal pehle ek aur aadmi tha joh kanoon ke khilaaf tha… Aaj hum uss aadmi ko Bapu kehte hain
3. Mere ko yeh golf khelna nahi aata… Yeh ghode ki race bhi nahi khelta… Lekin apne dhande ka mazboot khiladi hoon main
4. Main baniya hoon sahab… Sab kuch bahut sambhaal ke kharch karta hoon
5. Agar paisa ban sakta tha… toh maine banaya hai
6. Kis baat se naraz hain aap log? Meri tarakki se… yah meri tarakki ki teezi se
7. Meri himmat aam aadmi ki himmat hai…is desh ki himmat hai
8. Khada ho jaon ya iske liye bhi license chahiye?
9. Apni rakam… Apna munafa!
10. Main Bapu nahin hoon…Mein bas apna dhanda karna jaanta hoon
11. Public se kya darna sahab… Mein khud public hoon
12. Apne mujhe paanch minute diya tha na? Saade char minute mein sab kuch khatam kar diya maine… Tees second profit, munafa… yahi hota hai business
Besides receiving positive reviews from critics, Guru also become a huge commercial success. A.R Rahman’s music was also loved by the audiences and won 2 Filmfares for the movie – Best Music Director and Best Background Score.
Which of these dialogues from Guru did you like the most? Do let us know in the comments below!