Regarded as a cult classic and one of the best Bollywood comedy movies of all time, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro is a satirical take on the rampant corruption in Indian politics, media, bureaucracy and business at the expense of public money and lives. Released in 1983, the movie with its scenes, characters, story and dialogues from Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro has a fan following of its own even after over three decades of its release on the big screens.
Starring actors like Naseeruddin Shah, Ravi Baswani, Om Puri, Pankaj Kapur, Satish Shah and Neena Gupta, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro has been appreciated for excellent acting performances. Scenes of the movie like the Mahabharata play scene has been lauded for it humor and dialogues from Jaane Bhi Yaaro like ‘Shaant Gadadhari Bheem’, have become a part of pop culture and everyday language.
We bring you some of the most epic dialogues from Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro that were simply hilarious.
1. Yeh kya ho raha hai Duryodhan???
2. Mein vachan de chuka hoon Draupadi ko choone se pehle mera sar fodna hoga…
3. Nalayak, adharmi, durachari, mamachari, bhrashtachari, bol sorry!
4. Shant…Gadadhari Bheem…Shant!
5. Maine cheer haran ka idea drop kar diya hai!
6. Draupadi Tere Akele ki Nahi Hai… Hum sab shareholder hain!
7. Aankhon se agyaan ki patti utaar ke dekh iss pavitra Arya mahila mein kya hai!
8. Desh ki unnati ki pehchaan, agar kisi cheez se hoti hai…toh woh hai gutter
9. Ek photographer aur model ke beech ka rishta aise hota hai jaise ek doctor aur mareez ka, koi parda nahi!
10. Thoda khao,thoda pheko…Bahut Mazza Aayega
11. Thair Paapi…Mein teri zubaan kheench ke loonga
Trivia: Did you know that ace film maker Vidhu Vidhu Vinod Chopra played Dushasana in the Mahabharata play in the climax of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro?
Which of these Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro dialogues is your favorite? Do let us know in the comments below!