Meghalaya literally means abode of clouds. True to its name, it receives ample rainfall and is the wettest region of India. The state is mainly comprised of Garo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills. Let us have a look at some interesting facts about Meghalaya
1. Everybody says no to litter in this village
2. Only 13% population here practices religions other than Christianity, Hinduism and Islam
3. Neighbors of Meghalaya
4. Let’s talk in English, shall we?
5. Women getting their due
6. The tree-ways
7. The state of heavy rainfall
8. Who would’ve thought!
9. Beauty at a height
10. Exploring nature underground
11. This is how Meghalaya got separated from Assam
12. The very diverse forests
13. Soccer loving insect
14. Fancy a cave expedition? You know where to head!
15. X-Mas or X Man frog?
16. Hope it doesn’t fly away someday!
17. Flowers & ferns!
18. A deadly snake lived here once, at least that’s what they say!
19. Stone ruins of ancient empire
20. Much revered forest of Mawphlang
Unexplored caves, mysterious forests and alluring waterfalls, sound like a set up of a fantasy movie. Probably yes! But these are popular spots of the ever beautiful Meghalaya. Visit this magnificent place to be enchanted by its charm.