Lying on the west coast of India is the state of Gujarat located between Rajasthan and Maharashtra. It is the land of Lord Krishna and Dwarka. In contemporary times, it is among one of the most developed states in India and boasts of robust infrastructure, economic and financial growth.
Let us find out some of the interesting facts about the land of lions and legends below.
1. Has a vast coastline
2. Home to an ancient religion
3. Historic shipbuilding factory
4. The Oh So Tall Kalo Dungar!
5. The eccentric Gujarat rituals
6. The famous abode of Lord Krishna
7. The ancient legends of Gujarat
8. Shine bright like a diamond!
9. 100% vegetarian pizzas
10. Home to Asiatic Lions
11. The story behind the logo of SBI
12. The stingy Jelly Fish lake
13. A very holy mountain
14. Gujarat is home to India’s largest district
15. Place of origin of Garba
16. The open-air theatre of Ahmedabad
17. Home to an ancient civilization
18. India’s Jurassic Park
19. The colorful world of kites
While the capital of Gujarat, Ahmedabad, can draw you in with its remarkable architecture and excellent dining scene that transcend its chaos, the countryside holds most of this state’s many treasures. It isn’t all about Sabarmati!