Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful states in India. However, the scenic beauty is just an attractive facade to the intriguing mythological past of the region. It is a land where mythological tales come alive, be it the footprint at Har-ki- Pauri ghats in Haridwar or the tales of the Laxman Jhoola. Abuzz with various outdoor adventures, the Himalayan escapades, striking wildlife and the sanctity of shrines, Uttrakhand is indeed a divine experience.
Let us look at some of the fascinating facts about Uttarakhand.
1. Ancient but official language of Uttarakhand
2. Hub of religious sites
3. State of white lotus
4. The famous tree hugging movement
5. Saving the tigers
6. The peaceful practice of Yoga
7. The hanging bridge of Uttarakhand
8. The famous haven of legendary Beatles
9. Home to the influencing Sumitra Nandan Pant
10. Stingy grass of Uttarakhand
11. The mythical Naini Lake
12. The multi faceted temple of Bharat Mata
13. The ancient Shiv temple
14. The dusky river-cave of Dehradun
15. The grand Tehri Dam
16. It’s a Maneater!
17. Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
18. Here’s where the holy water comes from!
19. The taboo village of Mana
20. The blessed dome of hemkund
A place of myths and mountains, Uttarakhand is a magnificent region. With its twisting roads and high-altitude hiking trails, this state sets the path to spectacular pilgrimage sites where tales from Hindu epics are set.