One of the most iconic movies in the history of Bollywood, Mughal-e-Azam is a cinematic masterpiece that broke all records and still remains afresh in the minds of all movie buffs. Starring some of the biggest names in Indian cinema like Prithvi Raj Kapoor, Dilip Kumar, Madhubala and Ajith, Mughal-e-Azam told an epic love story of Salim – Akbar’s son and Anarkali, a court dancer. Besides spectacular performance, its grandeur and attention to detail, Mughal-e-Azam dialogues are popular even today and has inspired several plays, recreations, spoofs, memes and pop-culture content.
We bring you some of the most iconic Mughal-e-Azam dialogues.
1. Main tumhari aankhon mein apni mohabbat ka ikraar dekhna chahta hoon
2. Taqdeerein badal jaati hai, zamana badal jaata hai, mulkon ki tarikh badal jaati hai, Shahenshah badal jaate hai … magar is badalti hui duniya mein mohabbat jis insaan ka daaman thaam leti hai… woh insaan nahi badalta
3. Mera dil bhi apka koi Hindustan nahi… jis par aap hukumat kare
4. Mohabbat joh darti ho woh mohabbat nahin … ayyashi hai, gunaah hai
5. Mohabbat humne maana zindagi barbad kar deti hai … yeh kyakam hai ki marr jaane pe duniya yaad karti hai
6. Phool toh murjha jaate hain… lekin kaante daaman thaam lete hain
7. Salim tujhe marne nahi dega…aur hum Anarkali tujhe jeene nahi denge
8. Kaanton ko murjhane ka khauf nahin hota
9. Hamara Hindustan koi tumhara dil nahi … ki laundi jiski Malika bane
10. Mohabbat karne waalo ka bas itna hi hai afsana… tadapna chupke chupke, aah bharna, ghutke marr jana
Did you know that Mughal-e-Azam was the first black-and-white Hindi film that was digitally coloured and re-released in the theaters? Several books and documentaries have been made about this iconic movie. It is undoubtedly a landmark of Indian cinema that set benchmarks of art direction and performances for years to come.
Have we missed any of the iconic Mughal-e-Azam Dialogues? Do let us know in the comments below!