One of the most iconic figures of Indian politics, Lal Krishna Advani remained active in politics for almost 70 years. One of tallest political figures of Independent India, LK Advani was one of the stalwarts of the right wing politics and Bharatiya Janta Party who left a lasting impact on the India of today. The quotes from LK Advani speaks volume of his beliefs, values and political inclination.
Lal Krishna Advani joined the Bharatiya Jan Sangh in 1951 and served his 7th term in the Lok Sabha till 2019. He has served as the President of the Bharatiya Jan Sangh, Leader of Opposition of the Lok Sabha, Leader of House in the Rajya Sabha, Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India. One of the most controversial elements of his legacy would remain his Rath Yatra and the mobilization for the Ram Temple in Ayodhya which eventually led to the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
We bring you some of the most iconic quotes from LK Advani
1. Bullets for the Kar Sevaks, Biryani for the Kashmiri Militants. – Lal Krishna Advani
LK Advani referring to the police firing on Kar Sevaks in Ayodhya
2. India should not betray its essentially Hindu personality. – Lal Krishna Advani
3. Nation first, party next, Self last. – Lal Krishna Advani
4. You were merely asked to bend, but you chose to crawl. – Lal Krishna Advani
Referring to the media’s roles during the 1975 Emergency
5. India has received an honest government at Centre under Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The government is determined to fulfil all its promises and it is moving in the right direction to do so.
6. I had told Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the early 1970s that I had developed an inferiority complex due to his speeches. – Lal Krishna Advani
7. It is a historical day not just for me but for all Indians. – Lal Krishna Advani
LK Advani on the day of Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan
8. The BJP has never regarded those who disagree with us politically as our enemies, but only as our adversaries. – Lal Krishna Advani
9. Sometimes significant dreams in one’s life takes a long time to fruition but when they are are finally realized the wait becomes worthwhile. – Lal Krishna Advani
LK Advani a day before the Ram Mandir Bhoomi Pujan
10. The essence of Indian Democracy is respect for diversity and freedom of expression. – Lal Krishna Advani
11. The Partition was British guilt. The Emergency is ours. – Lal Krishna Advani
Hope these quotes from LK Advani gave you an insightful idea on his thoughts, vision and ideology.