Undoubtedly the best and most beautifully written novel by John Green, The Fault In Our Stars, is a treasure box of soul-stirring quotes. The novel not only redefines the idea of life and death but also celebrates a heartwarming love story. The characters of Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters have created a space for themselves in our hearts ever since the book was first released in 2012. Let’s have a look at the best quotes from The Fault In Our Stars, okay? Okay.
Also read: 25 Best Quotes From Books And Novels
1. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
7. “Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.”
9. “That’s part of what I like about the book in some ways. It portrays death truthfully. You die in the middle of your life, in the middle of a sentence”
11. “Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But, in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying.”
12. “The real heroes anyway aren’t the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention.”
13. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world… but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”
14. “We’re as likely to hurt the universe as we are to help it, and we’re not likely to do either.”
15. “The weird thing about houses is that they almost always look like nothing is happening inside of them, even though they contain most of our lives. I wondered if that was sort of the point of architecture.”
25. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
Endearing, isn’t it? I’m not crying, you are crying! Now that we have come to the end of the list, let me know some of your favourite quotes from The Fault in Our Stars in the comments section.