“Where there is a will, there’s a way!”
This is a statement that is often heard and told to people who lack conviction and are demotivated. To garner success one must be ever zealous and not a quitter. An exemplar of such firm determination are these Indians, who turned themselves from rags to riches. They followed their passion and are today one of the top billionaires of the world.
We bring you the inspirational stories of these Indian magnates.
1. Dhirubai Ambani- Founder of Reliance. Dhirubhai Ambani once sold ‘Bhajjias’ at village fairs and worked at a gas station. Today he is known as one of the biggest creators of wealth in modern India.
2. Karsanbhai Patel- Founder of NIRMA group. Born in a family of farmers, Karsanbhai Patel also worked as a lab assistant. Today he is the founder of a company worth over 7000 crores.
3. Dilip Shanghvi- Founder of Sun Pharmaceuticals. Born in a middle class family in a small town in Gujarat, Dilip Shanghvi started Sun Pharmaceuticals with a capital amount of Rs. 10,000. He was briefly the richest Indian surpassing Mukesh Ambani.
4. Lakshman Das Mittal- Owner of Sonalika Group. Starting with a capital of Rs 5000 and several loans, Lakshman Das Mittal now trades with over 70 countries of the world.
5. Anil Agarwal- Founder of Vedanta Resources. He left Patna at the age of 19 for Mumbai with little money, today he has not only created a global impact through his business but also pledged 75% of his wealth to charity.
6. Nitin Shah- Owner of Nitin Fire Protection. There was a time when Nitin Shah didn’t even have money to buy equipment. Today he is the owner of a multi-million dollar enterprise.
7. Gautam Adani- Founder of Adani Group. Starting with only a few hundred rupees, Business tycoon Gautam Adani’s personal wealth is now estimated to be over 7 billion dollars.
8. Dharampal Gulati- Founder of MDH spices. He started his business working out of a a 14ft. x 9 ft shop at Karol Bagh, Delhi. Today he is the undisputed ‘Masala King’ of India who exports products to USA, Canada, UK and Europe.
If you’re feeling demotivated or are facing a rough patch in your life, then just remember how these tycoons were once nobodies who now are sky-scraping success with their hard work and perseverance. The life stories of these triumphant honchos are amusing and encourage us to not give up.
You may also love reading 15 Bollywood Stars Who Show ‘Impossible Is Nothing’ and 13 Indian Athletes Who Battled Their Way To Success.