20 Beautiful Ruskin Bond Quotes About Love, Life & Happiness
An Indian author of British Origin, Ruskin Bond has been one of the prominent names in Children literature for decades now. A man whose imaginations, stories and emotions made our childhood colorful, Ruskin Bond has stayed in the foothills of Himalayas for a long time now. Ruskin Bond quotes beautifully capture the thoughts and beliefs of this legendary Indian writer.
Over a writing career of over 50 years, Ruskin Bond has experimented with several genres including fiction, essays, short stories, non-fiction, romance and books for children. Several stories by Ruskin Bond has been included in the academic curriculum of schools across India. Several Bollywood movies have been inspired by the works of Ruskin Bond that include Junoon (1978), The Blue Umbrella (2005) and 7 Khoon Maaf (2011).
We bring you some of the best Ruskin Bond quotes over the years.
1. And when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful. – Ruskin Bond
2. To be able to laugh and to be merciful are the only things that make man better than the beast. – Ruskin Bond
3. The past is always with us, for it feeds the present. – Ruskin Bond
4. It’s courage, not luck, that takes us through to the end of the road. – Ruskin Bond
5. The world keeps on changing, but there is always something, somewhere, that remains the same. – Ruskin Bond
6. If you have secrets, you must have a friend to share them with. – Ruskin Bond
7. You don’t have to lie if you know how to withhold the truth. – Ruskin Bond
8. Until death comes, all is life. – Ruskin Bond
9. It often happens that people with good eyesight fail to see what is right in front of them. – Ruskin Bond
10. She was always ready with her smile, and would willingly have lent it to anyone who was feeling unhappy. – Ruskin Bond
11. Nothing is insignificant; nothing is without consequence in the intricate web of life. – Ruskin Bond
12. I have come to believe that the best kind of walk, or journey, is the one in which you have no particular destination when you set out. – Ruskin Bond
13. The first condition of happiness is that a man must find joy in his work. Unless the work brings joy, the tedium of an aimless life can be soul-destroying. Something. – Ruskin Bond
14. On the open road there are no strangers. You share the same sky, the same mountain, the same sunshine and shade. On the open road we are all brothers. – Ruskin Bond
15. What is nostalgia, after all, but an attempt to preserve that which was good in the past? – Ruskin Bond
16. Death moves about at random, without discriminating between the innocent and the evil, the poor and the rich. The only difference is that the poor usually handle it better. – Ruskin Bond
17. It is always the same with mountains. Once you have lived with them for any length of time, you belong to them. There is no escape. – Ruskin Bond
18. Happiness is a mysterious thing, to be found somewhere between too little and too much. – Ruskin Bond
19. All glory comes from daring to begin. – Ruskin Bond
20. A tiger is a tiger; he has his dignity to preserve even though he isn’t aware of it! – Ruskin Bond
Ruskin Bond has been awarded a number of eminent awards including the Padma Shri in 1999 and the Padma Bhushan in 2014. He was awarded the Sahitya Academy Award in 1992 for his English novel – Our Trees Still Grow in Dehra.
Which of these Ruskin Bind quotes did you find the best? Comment below!