24 Powerful Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Life, Leadership & Success
An American statesman and one of the biggest global leaders of modern times, Abraham Lincoln served as the 16th President of the United States and led the nation through the American Civil war – the greatest moral, constitutional and political crisis that challenged the very existence of the country. His life, journey, ideology and Abraham Lincoln quotes are a source of inspiration to people all across the globe even after two centuries now.
Abraham Lincoln was born in abject poverty spending his childhood in a log cabin. He was self-educated and rose to first become a lawyer and then a prominent leader of the Republican party. He ran for the President in 1860 and became the 16th President of United States. He then faced the challenge of the Southern states seceding from the union under the new Confederate States who were against the abolishing of Slavery. Abraham Lincoln successfully led United States in this tough times suppressing the rebellion, abolishing slavery, bolstering the federal government, modernizing economy and most importantly restoring the Union.
We bring you some of the most powerful Abraham Lincoln quotes.
1. Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be. – Abraham Lincoln
2. Whatever you are, be a good one. – Abraham Lincoln
3. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends? – Abraham Lincoln
4. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. – Abraham Lincoln
5. My best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read. – Abraham Lincoln
6. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. – Abraham Lincoln
7. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion. – Abraham Lincoln
8. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. – Abraham Lincoln
9. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back. – Abraham Lincoln
10. I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better. – Abraham Lincoln
11. Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. – Abraham Lincoln
12. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. – Abraham Lincoln
13. I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody. – Abraham Lincoln
14. If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? – Abraham Lincoln
15. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. – Abraham Lincoln
16. Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing. – Abraham Lincoln
17. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. – Abraham Lincoln
18. The best way to predict your future is to create it. – Abraham Lincoln
19. I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all. – Abraham Lincoln
20. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. – Abraham Lincoln
21. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice. – Abraham Lincoln
22. Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. – Abraham Lincoln
23. Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed. – Abraham Lincoln
24. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln is often regarded as the most popular and best American President till date. His views on liberty, equality and abolishing slavery has stood central to the values of modern day Unites States.
Which of these Abraham Lincoln quotes did you find the most inspirational?