20 Amazing Quotes by Coco Chanel That Will Speak To The Badass In You
Chanel – a name that exudes glamour, much like the woman who was behind it all. Gabrielle Chanel, known more popularly as “Coco” Chanel, was a woman of grit. Throughout her life, she rebelled, in ways big and small. Losing her mother at the tender age of twelve was only the beginning of what would be a turbulent life for her. However, Chanel fought her way through it, emerging as one of the leading figures of the fashion industry. She successfully carved out an image of the new woman, one who could be chic and comfortable in her own skin. The pearls of wisdom she left behind are shrouded in badassery that commands respect. Here are 20 amazing quotes by Coco Chanel that are sure to make you feel like you’re ready to take on the world.
1. On what it really means to be courageous.
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
2. An evergreen piece of advice, on fashion and beyond.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
3. The most important ideal for a woman to live by.
A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
4. On failure, and moving on.
Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
5. This mantra to swear by.
You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
6. Something that rings true even today.
Fashion changes, but style endures.
7. Just Chanel is being her inspiring self.
If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.
8. Thus spoke the trendsetter in fashion.
Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
9. The ultimate push to carve out a niche of one’s own.
How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
10. Her take on standing out.
In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
11. And that is why her name remains, etched in our memories.
I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.
12. Nonchalantly brushing away the cares of the world.
I don’t care what you think of me. I don’t think of you at all.
13. On the stepping stones to success.
Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.
14. An amazing mantra for confidence.
The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you
15. This observation on patriarchy.
“Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.”
16. What life is all about…
“It’s not houses I love, it’s the life I live in them.”
17. What, then, is valuable?
The best things in life are free. The second best are very, very expensive.
18. The resolve that revolutionised fashion for women.
I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed.
19. And that’s how you turn a day around.
If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.
20. The queen of sass till her last breath. This is what her last words were, on her bed in the Ritz Hotel. She had just returned from a walk with a friend.
You see, this is how you die.
These were some absolutely amazing quotes by Coco Chanel, which serve as nuggets of wisdom even today. Which one was your favourite? Tell us in the comments.