An Indian philosopher, yoga guru, reformer and Indian nationalist, Sri Aurobindo was one of the most influential Indian figures of the early 20th century. Aurobindo Ghose was involved in the Indian nationalist movement in his early years and became popular for his fiery writings against colonial British power. He later left politics for spiritual work and moved to Pondicherry where he propagated Integral Yoga. Sri Aurobindo quotes shed light on his philosophy of the evolution of human life into a divine life in the divine body. His life, teachings and philosophy influenced a number of prominent figures of the 20th Century including the likes of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose who played a pivotal role in the Indian freedom struggle.
We bring you some of the best Sri Aurobindo quotes for spiritual realization.
1. True knowledge is not attained by thinking
2. Truth can be heard only when the mind is still.
3. Love comes from God and to God, it returns.
4. Problems of existence are problems of Harmony
5. Many withdraw from the Grace
6. Courage and love are simply indispensable.
7. Nothing can be taught.
8. We yearn for freedom but are in love with the chains. This is the paradox.
9. Divine Truth is greater than any religion.
10. Each victory is strength to gain more victories.
11. We belong to the noons of the future.
12. Life is life – whether in a cat or dog.
13. Our actual enemy is our own crying, weakness, cowardice, selfishness and hypocrisy
14. Pain is the hammer of the Gods.
15. You cannot see the picture if you are a part of it.
Which of these Sri Aurobindo quotes did you find the most enlightening? Do let us know in the comments below!