12 Inspiring APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes On Life, Dreams, Success & More
India’s 11th President and Missile Man, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was one of the most inspirational leaders of the country in recent times. Known to be the ‘People’s President’,he was known for his love for students and promoting education as a weapon to change the world. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s words have been inspiring an entire generation of Indians for years now.
We bring you some of the most inspiring Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam quotes on life, dreams, success and more.
1. “Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.”
– Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam’s quote on dreams from ‘Wings of Fire: An Autobiography’
2. “It Is Very Easy To Defeat Someone, But It Is Very Hard To Win Someone.”
3. “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference!!!”
4. “For great men, religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool.”
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s quote from his book ‘Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India’
5. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
6. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s quote from his book You Are Born To Blossom: Take My Journey Beyond..
7. “I am not handsome but I can give my hand to someone who need help… Because beauty is required in heart not in face….”
8. “If you want to leave your footprints On the sands of time Do not drag your feet.”
– Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s quote from his book, Wings of Fire
9. “The best brains of the nation may be found on the last benches of the classroom.”
– One of the best and most inspirational quotes from Dr. Kalam
10. “The country doesn’t deserve anything less than success from us. Let us aim for success.”
11. “Excellence happens not by accident. It is a process.”
12. “Dream, Dream Dream Dreams transform into thoughts And thoughts result in action.”
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on the power of dreams
A man praised for his humility, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam returned to teaching after completing his terms as the President. He tragically passed away on 27th July 2015 while delivering a lecture at IIM Shillong – doing something he loved the most even in his last moments.
In conclusion, these A.P.J Abdul Kalam quotes continue to inspire and guide us on the path towards progress and development.
We leave you with this small piece of an anecdote from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s advisor Srijan Pal Singh, who had co-authored two books with the Missile Man.
Srijan Pal Singh to Kalam: What you would like to be remembered for? President, Scientist, Writer, Missile Man, India 2020, Target 3 billion…What?”
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam: “Teacher”.