Every year thousands of hikers, trekkers, adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts venture out in the Mountains to breathe fresh air, watch the blue skies and discover their souls. The greenery, altitude, magnificence and peace of Mountains is unparalleled to the greatest luxuries and the most expensive things in the world. Waking up to the beautiful sunrises and ending the day with the orange sun setting behind a beautiful mountain warms our senses. Time and again adventurers, trekkers and mountaineers have told us about the feeling that draw people to the Mountains despite the challenges, risks and distance.
We bring you 20 Mountain quotes that perfectly capture the essence of high altitudes and also serve as the best Mountain captions for your Instagram photos.
1. It is not the Mountains we Conquer, but Ourselves – Sir Edmund Hillary
This mountain quote by Sir Edmund Hillary captures the essence of mountaineering – it’s not about winning over the mountains but showing them respect and instead conquering ourselves.
2. The Mountains are Calling & I must Go!
A mountain quote that every Mountain lover feels every now and then.
3. Somewhere between the bottom of the Climb and the Summit is the answer to the Mystery why we Climb.
4. Never measure the height of a Mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.
5. You are not in the Mountains, the Mountains are in you.
6. The best view comes after the hardest Climb.
A mountain quote every trekker would agree to.
7. Today is your day! Your Mountain is waiting, So get on your way!
8. Every Mountain top is within reach if you just keep Climbing.
9. I have realized that at the top of the Mountain, there’s another Mountain.
10. Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken,, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the Mountains is going home; that Wildness is a necessity.
11. “Good Climbing is about Climbing with Heart and with Instinct, not Ambition and Pride.” _ Bear Grylls
Renowned adventurer, Bear Grylls believes that Accidents on big mountains happen when people’s ambitions cloud their good judgment.
12. Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the Street.
13. I learn something every time I go into the Mountains.
14. Human Life is far more important than just getting to the top of a Mountain. – Sir Edmund Hillary
Another mountain quote by the first man to set his foot on the mighty Everest – Sir Edmund Hillary
15. May your trails be crooked,winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
16. He who climbs upon the highest Mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.
17. “If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads!
18. I think, every time I am on the Mountain, I am just so thankful to be there.
19. Mountains have a way of dealing with over-confidence.
20. Stop staring at Mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it is a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.
Hope these Mountain quotes inspire you to leave behind the mundane, explore new skies, watch beautiful landscapes and engross yourself in the peace and solace of Mountains.