20 Best Quotes on Nature That Will Soothe Your Soul
Let’s take a leap back to the late 18th and early 19th centuries when nature was the primary muse of all major poets and writers. Rosseau’s clarion call, “back to nature”, was answered with a canon of literary masterpieces all worshipping the beauty and magnanimity of mother nature. Wordsworth, Keats, Byron, Coleridge, and many more great poets, talked about the positive creative energy they received from nature and how it healed their souls. Back to 2021, we live in a world that is on the brink of destruction. The threat of global warming lurks over our lives like a haunting ghost. We have forgotten how to appreciate and love nature. Let’s have a look at some of the best quotes on nature that will help you feel closer to your natural surroundings and boost you to preserve and protect it.
1. “Knowing that nature never did betray the heart that loved her; ‘Tis her privilege, through all the years of this our life, to lead from joy to joy.” -William Wordsworth.
2. “Over the long haul of life on this planet, it is the ecologists, and not the bookkeepers of business, who are the ultimate accountants.” -Stewart Udall
3. “Human judges can show mercy. But against the laws of nature, there is no appeal.” -Arthur C. Clarke
4. “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” —Joseph Campbell
5. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” —Sylvia Plath
6. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” -John Muir
7. “Nature is loved by what is best in us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” —Hans Christian Andersen
9. “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” —D. H. Lawrence
10. “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” —Native American Proverb
Also read: The Earth & Nature Are Sacred. Protect It!
11. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” —William Shakespeare
12. “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want.” -Andy Warhol
13. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” -Alice Walker
14. “The poetry of the earth is never dead.” -John Keats
15. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” —Aristotle
16. “I think nature’s imagination is so much greater than man’s, she’s never going to let us relax.” —Richard Feynman
17. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.” –Alice Walker
18. “So let’s leave some blue up above us
Let’s leave some green on the ground
It’s only ours to borrow, let’s save some for tomorrow
Leave it and pass it on down.” -Alabama
19. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” —Khalil Gibran
20. “To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.” -William Blake
With this, we have come to an end of the list of some of the best quotes on nature. Feel closer to nature yet? We bet that you do! Which of these quotes on nature did you find the best? Do let us know in the comments section.