Pint-sized fiction is the new thing, isn’t it? And why not? Short stories that are convenient to read, extremely tricky to actually write, and which deliver the desired impact in a matter of minutes – what’s not to love? Social media is rife with a number of such stories and anecdotes that are perfect for the fast-paced world in which we live in. Be it Instagram, Reddit, or Facebook, short stories are everywhere. And, of all the elements of literature that can hit a person hard, none is more impactful than horror. One image crops up in our minds and leaves us sleepless for hours, right? So in this article, we are here with a curated collection of some of the best short scary stories which we think will give you that perfect dose of thrill and shock you’ve always craved!
1. Chilling, indeed!
2. From dark to DARK in a matter of seconds.
3. A shocking ordeal.
4. Kids always creep you out in the most marvelous ways.
5. The worst of nightmares couldn’t top this.
6. The ultimate reversal.
7. A very different kind of horror, but horrific nonetheless.
8. A spin on motherhood, if you will.
9. Short and crisp, eh?
10. Every student’s worst nightmare.
11. Clinging on to.. what?
12. The sheer feeling of frustration!
13. Sheeran’s song won’t ever be the same again.
14. First words.
15. Inside the mind of a stalker.
16. Products of an unnecessarily vivid imagination.
17. At least someone was prepared.
18. The best kind of self-testimony.
19. Okay, people need to stop.
20. Flinch a little, won’t you?
Phew! Giving those stories a read was a task in itself. It is surely a solace that these are all stories, at the end of the day. The reality is, after all.. scarier, I guess? Literature does draw from real life, and vice versa. Anyway, we hope you enjoyed reading these short scary stories which surely gave us the creeps. Which one scared you the most? Let us know in the comment section below, and also tell us about any story you read which didn’t let you sleep at night in fear!