There is the heartthrob Jon Snow, the charming Ser Jamie, the defiant Khaleesi and a plethora of flamboyant, dark, and powerful characters in ‘Game of Thrones’, but ‘the half man’ a.k.a. The imp, can give them all a run for their money. Tyrion Lannister, brilliantly portrayed by Peter Dinklage, has won over “the Iron Throne” in our hearts, much like the multiple Emmys and other awards, thanks to his unmatched acting skills, the praiseworthy valor of the character that he portrays and his exceptionally witty one-liners. Tyrion Lannister quotes are laced with humour, wit and the untold truth of this world.
We bring to you some of the best Tyrion Lannister quotes from ‘Game of Thrones’, which will inspire you and hit you hard!
1. Tyrion: “And when you’ve known me longer, you’ll learn that I mean everything I say.”
Little Finger: “Even the lies?”
Tyrion: “Especially the lies.”
2. “Most me would rather deny a hard truth than face it.”
3. “Death is so boring, especially now with so much excitement in the world.”
4. ” Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name take it make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.”
5. “I will let the Gods decide my fate, I demand a trial by combat.”
6. “The powerful have always preyed on the powerless, that is how they became powerful in the first place.”
7. “I just want to stand on the top of the wall and piss off the edge of the world.”
8. When asked how would he liked to die:
“In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl’s mouth around my cock.”
9. “I’m not threatening the king, ser. I’m educating my nephew. Bronn, the next time Ser Meryn speaks, kill him. That was a threat. See the difference?”
10. “The Lord of Light wants his enemies burnt. The Drowned God wants his enemies drowned. Why are all the gods such vicious cunts? Where is the god of tits and wine?”
11. “Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you”?
12. “I’m not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I’m denying its existence.”
13. “Death is so final yet life is full of possibilities.”
14. “Everything’s better with some wine in the belly.”
15. “When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he may say.”
16. “A man needs books like a aword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That is why I read so much.”
17. “Every time we deal with an enemy, we create two more.”
18. “It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do if it were easy.”
19. “It’s hard to put a leash on a dog once you’ve put a crown on its head.”
20. “Why is that when one man builds a wall, the next needs to to know what’s on the other side?”
21. “Sleep is good and books are better.”
22. “ I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it! I will not give my life for Joffery’s murder and I know I’ll get no justice here, so I will let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat.”
23. “I’m guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I’m guilty of being a dwarf.”
24. “The powerful have always preyed on the powerless, that’s how they became powerful in the first place.”
25. “A very small man can cast a very large shadow.”
26. “When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
27. “Yes, you’ll need to be ruthless if you’re going to win the throne. You need to inspire a degree of fear but fear is all cersei has. It’s all my father had, and Joffrey. It makes their power brittle, because everyone beneath longs to see them dead.”
28. “You need to take your enemy’s side if you’re going to see things the way they do.”
29. “The true history of the world is the history of great conversations.”
30. “I am here to help. Don’t eat the help.”
31. “Next time I have an idea like that, punch me in the face.”
32. “Casterly Rock is an impregnable fortress. But as a good friend of mine once said, “Give me ten good men…and I’ll impregnate the bitch!”
33. Daenerys Targaryen: “My enemies are in the Red Keep. What kind of a Queen am I if I’m not willing to risk my life to fight them?”
Tyrion: A smart one.
We are all in an awe of the Imp of Casterly Rock! Which of these Tyrion Lannister quotes in your favourite?
Do let us know in the comments below!
You might also like 27 Most Memorable Quotes From Game Of Thrones