These 20 Dad Quotes Will Warm Your Heart This Father’s Day!
There’s absolutely nothing a child loves more than their parents. While mothers are often more comfortable sharing their feelings and expressing their love to their children, fathers often take up a quieter, subtler role and do their job from a distance. However, times have changed, and more and more new fathers are choosing a more hands-on approach. Hands-on or not, fathers are any child’s first super hero, and we must wish them the best on father’s day. If you have been trying to think of something to tell your father this father’s day but could not come up with anything, look no further. Here are 20 best dad quotes that’ll do great!
Now, let’s get back to our list of the best dad quotes.
1. There’s nothing better you can do for your children than trusting them.
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
2. Children can often make you feel like getting a second chance at life.
“A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” — Frank A. Clark
3. Being a parent is a job you do for the rest of your life.
“Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” — Reed Markham
4. Fathers do not get enough credit.
“A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” — Billy Graham
5. Every one can have children, but not everyone can be parents.
“It is a wise father that knows his own child.” — William Shakespeare
6. There’s a lot to learn from history.
“If the past cannot teach the present, and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time.” — Russell Hoban
7. Having children changes people.
“Fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man.” — Frank Pittman
8. Every father deserves a break until the child decides to leave and they no longer want breaks.
“A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you’re going mad.” — John Andrew Holmes
9. No matter how great somebody’s parents are, goodness comes from within.
“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” — Anne Frank
10. Your child learns from you even when you’re not teaching.
“Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice.” — Charles Kettering
11. It’s okay to have a few slip ups here and there, but you must let your child know it’s okay making mistakes.
“Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they’re always watching you.” —Robert Fulghum
12. If you were able to inspire your children in any way whatsoever, good job, dad!
“My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” — Clarence Budington Kelland
13. Teachable moments arrive when you least expect them to.
“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” — Umberto Eco
14. For the lost, fathers can serve as a great compass.
“Life doesn’t come with an instruction book — that’s why we have fathers.” — H. Jackson Browne
15. If you give your child a good childhood, you give them a good life.
“It’s easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” — Frederick Douglass
16. Put your children before everything else.
“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass,’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys’.” — Harmon Killebrew
17. The lessons from our parents stay with us longer than what we learn in classrooms.
“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” –George Herbert
18. If you’re a tired dad, it’s okay and it gets better.
“That is the thankless position of the father in the family—the provider for all, and the enemy of all.” –J. August Strindberg
19. History repeats itself unless you intervene.
“We think our Fathers Fools, so wise we grow; Our wiser Sons, no doubt, will think us so.” –Alexander Pope
20. No matter how much you have learnt, there’s still something new your father can teach you.
“A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” –Unknown
Did you like our compilation of the best dad quotes? Send these to your own to wish him a happy father’s day!