A cross-border story of love, Veer Zaara was one of the flagship romantic movies from Yash Raj Films. The humane portrayal of people from India and Pakistan and the love that could exist between them was appreciated by the audiences. The story, script and dialogues from Veer-Zaara along with the sensitive portrayal of India-Pakistan relations received positive reviews from critics. It’s music was also hailed as one of the best in those times.
We bring you some of the best dialogues from Veer-Zaara.
1. Sarhad paar ek aisa shaksh hai…jo aapke liye apni jaan bhi de dega…
2. Sachi mohabbat zindagi mein sirf ek baar hoti hai…Aur jab hoti hai… Toh koi Bhagwan ya khuda usey nakamyab nahi hone deta
3. Woh kehte hai yeh tera desh nahi, phir kyun mere desh jaisa lagta hai … Woh kehta hai main us jaisa nahi, phir kyun mujh jaisa woh lagta hai
4. “Tere Mulk ka har beta tere jaisa hai kya?”
“Ye to nahi pata par haan, mere desh ki har Maa aap jaisi zaroor hai.”
5. Ek aurat ki Mohabbat aur ek Mard ki Mohabbat mein bahut fark hota hai
6. Mohabbat kitaabon mein hoti hai, Shayari mein hoti hai…Zindagi mein nahi
7. Aadmi di zindagi vich jab sahi aurat aa jandi hai na…Tab woh zindagi poori tarah jeenda hai
8. Yeh khuda ke roop mein Insaan hai… ya Insaan ke roop mein Khuda
9. Woh kehte hai ki woh koi nahi thi, phir kyun mere liye duniya se woh ladti hai … Woh kehte hai main us jaisa nahi, phir kyun mujh jaisi woh lagti hai
10. Azaadi har insaan ka paidayashi haq hai…
Veer Zaara was also hailed by the critics for its themes of secularism, feminism and brotherhood between India and Pakistan. The movie won four awards at the 50th Filmfare Awards including Best Film and Best Story. It also won a national award for the Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
Which of these dialogues from Veer-Zaara is your favorite?