An English actress, model and activist, Emma Watson rose into prominence with the Harry Potter series where she played the role of Hermione Granger. Emma Watson hasn’t looked back since then and has worked in a number of hits like the 2017 musical romantic fantasy Beauty and the Beast and the coming-of-age drama Little Women (2019). She has also been a vocal activist for feminism and equality and Emma Watson quotes summarizes her beliefs and the causes she stands for. She was appointed as the UN Women Goodwill ambassador in 2014 and was a part of the UN Women campaign HeForShe, which advocates for gender equality.
We bring you some of the most powerful Emma Watson quotes
1. Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love – Emma Watson
2. Girls should never be afraid to be smart. – Emma Watson
3. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder. – Emma Watson
4. If not me, who? If not now, when? – Emma Watson
5. Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like, I promise. – Emma Watson
6. I want to be a Renaissance Woman. I want to paint, and I want to write, and I want to act, and I just want to do everything – Emma Watson
7. The saddest thing a girl can do is dumb herself down for a guy – Emma Watson
8. I’ve always been like that; I give 100 percent. I can’t do it any other way. – Emma Watson
9. What gets scary is when your self-worth is tied up in what strangers think of you. – Emma Watson
10. I’ve always said, stuff the engagement ring! Just build me a really big library. – Emma Watson
11. If you truly pour your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen. – Emma Watson
12. It’s not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith. – Emma Watson
13. I don’t want the fear of failure to stop me from doing what I really care about – Emma Watson
14. I’m excited about the aging process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling. – Emma Watson
15. We want to empower people to take action and make change and translate their passion into really doing something. – Emma Watson
16. Don’t let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do or achieve. Do what you want to do and be who you want to be. – Emma Watson
17. It’s a journey and the sad thing is you only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn. – Emma Watson
18. Both men and women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men and women should feel free to be strong. – Emma Watson
19. I’m reading so much and exposing myself to so many new ideas. It almost feels like the chemistry and the structure of my brain is changing so rapidly sometimes. – Emma Watson
20. I am willing to be seen. I am willing to speak up. I am willing to keep going. I am willing to listen to what others have to say. I am willing to go forward even when I feel alone. I am willing to go to bed each night at peace with myself. I am willing to be my biggest, bestest, most powerful self. – Emma Watson
An outspoken feminist, Emma Watson has been working as an activist for several years now. She has described feminism as the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities & has also said that the perception of “man-hating” is something that “has to stop.” She has also been included on the Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people.
Which of these Emma Watson quotes did you find the most hard hitting?