Ok, so I’m not really a fan of Indian news channels or for that matter, even newspapers. It’s not like India has produced any Pulitizer Prize winning journos in the recent times (I wouldn’t know, I don’t really watch or read news). But there are those odd times when I do switch on one of the numerous TV news channels or pick up a copy of our “popular” national dailies, but only for the laughs. And you don’t even have to read the whole thing, only the headline will have you in splits.
From Dhoni’s (cough) “12 incher” to Kejriwal’s involvement in earthquakes (believable), here are 19 of the most hilarious and yet, totally WTF Indian news headlines we’ve come across. We must warn you – there might be a slight drop in your IQ after reading these.
1) The Times of India, God of all (bad) puns
2) I don’t know if I should feel bad for her or laugh out loud.
3) Umm, I beg to differ.
4) Such science. Much wonder.
5) National tragedy averted. Phew!
6) Do they have an escalator? I’m not much of a climber.
7) Rhymes make everything better!
8) That’s a bit inappropriate, but funny nonetheless.
9) I’m confused. What does this even mean?
10) Maybe she wants to cook dinner?
11) Is this approved by BJP?
12) For God’s sake, please watch their channel!
13) I feel bad for Ness Wadia.
14) Try not answering the phone, maybe?
15) Because all beggars must follow a sanskari dress code. Period.
16) Is this a riddle?
17) I always had doubts about Beiber being a She-iber. Forgive me for that pun, please.
18) We’re sure he blamed Modi Ji in turn.
19) I am! I am! I am!
Indian newspapers and channels, we applaud you. You keep doing you!