16 Best Gautama Buddha Quotes On Love, Life & Peace
Gautama Buddha, ‘The Enlightened One’ and the founder of Buddhism is one of the greatest and most influential figures to ever have lived on this planet. His life, teachings, philosophy and Gautam Buddha quotes have spread all across the globe today and continues to guide people to the path of enlightenment.
Buddha born as Prince Siddhartha Gautama is said to have left the comforts of his royal home and meditated for 49 days and attain enlightenment. He spread the rest of his life preaching his knowledge which forms the basics of Buddhism.
We bring you the wisdom of the philosopher with the best Gautam Buddha quotes on love, life, peace and more.
1. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Gautam Buddha’s quote on living in the present
2. “The trouble is, you think you have time.” – Gautam Buddha on the importance of time
3. “Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.” – Gautan Buddha on attaining happiness
4. “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ” – Gautam Buddha’s quote on the importance of positive thoughts
5. “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
6. “Train your mind to see something good in everything.”
7. “If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path. ” – Gautam Buddha on service of the mankind
8. “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.” – Gautam Buddha on listening to your inner self
9. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”– Gautam Buddha’s quote on managing your anger
10. “Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.” – Gautam Buddha on guarding your thoughts
11. “With our thoughts, we make the world.”
12. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin.” – – Gautam Buddha on leaving your past behind
13. “You only lose what you cling to.” – Gautam Buddha on the pain from attachments
14. “Rule your mind or it will rule you.” – Gautam Buddha on training your mind
15. “Let the past make you better, not bitter.” – Gautam Buddha’s quote on learning from your past
16. “The root of suffering is attachment.”
Gautam Buddha’s teachings and Buddhism has attracted people towards a simple, humble and non-violent life for centuries now. His wisdom and preaching has been a guiding light not just for India but for civilizations all across the planet.
Did we miss out on one of your favourite Buddha quotes? Let us know in the comments below.