While sexist remarks against women have been the unfortunate order of the day, the new trend is to stereotype men and brand every single man as a potential sexual offender. Men are being classified as potential rapists and patriarchal notions of masculinity are being stereotyped and remarks have been openly made against men in the recent past. Such remarks are being made continually, and it must be understood that not all men are the same.
Here are 8 highly sexist remarks made by renowned personalities against men in recent times.
1. When Gujarat CM, Anandiben Patel tried being a little funny
2. We wonder what would Gul Panag say if Delhi women were being stereotyped
3. A new discovery by Maneka Gandhi – the Minister for Women and Child Development
4. And here comes some words of wisdom from former Minister of Women and Child Development, Renuka Chowdhary
5. Who takes jabs at their husbands?
6. When Sagarika Ghose was getting bored at Bangkok Airport, she decided to analyze Indian Men
7. And then they say, “Do not stereotype.”
Let’s stand for true gender equality, that generalises neither men nor women!