Originally known as the Mysore state, Karnataka was formed on 1st November 1956. The history of Karnataka dates back to the Paleolithic period. It has been home to some of the most powerful kingdoms, philosophers, saints and musical bards. It is marked by distinctive geographical features that range from vast coastlines to tropical rainforests, lush green hills and plain areas. Let us have a look at some of the amusing facts about Karnataka.
1. The heroic Queen
2. Manufacturing unit of Tiranga
3. The oldest library of India
4. Long, long time ago!
5. Magnificent architecture!
6. Fire away!
7. The birth place of Carnatic music
8 .Home to a beautiful ancient empire
9. The elegant ruins of Vijayanagara Kingdom
10. The one of a kind statue
11. Abode of the legendary Gabbar
12. Homeland of delicious Rava Idli
13. One of the first Hydro Electric cities
14. Rock formations from ancient times
15. One of the best monsoon places
16. The ever fragrant sandalwood
17. Let’s talk in Sanskrit, shall we?
18. Realm of many literary legends!
19. Outstanding bills of Mr. Churchill
20. The hub of techies
Be it heroic women or grand palaces, the charm of Karnataka dazzles everybody. This state is supported by a rich historical background which is why people here are so artistically inclined. Such a state and its people are definitely worth being proud of.