Tamil Nadu, lies on the southernmost tip of India. The state is home to some of the oldest living traditions, arts and culture, glimpses of which can be traced in contemporary dance, music and literature. On one hand, it is home to rapidly modernizing Chennai and on the other, it has some of the most pristine and isolated beaches that rejuvenate the soul.
Let us look at some of the lesser-known facts about Tamil Nadu.
1. Ancient writings on present issues!
2. The colorful corridors of Ramanathaswamy
3. The heart of pilgrimage
4. The game of daredevils
5. Safe for drinking!
6. The famous Rock Memorial
7. Once in a 12-year bloom
8. Weaver of God
9. Ancient medicines of Tamil Nadu
10. The oldest of them all!
11. Standing straight
12. Ancient sculptures of Mahabalipuram
13. The delicious delicacies of Chennai
14. The reputed Higginbotham
15. Faced a lot of wrath in World War 1
16. The inventor of snooker
17. No party rule!
18. Founder of mythical Nadi astrology
19. Major automobile maker!
20. The state of donors
21. 410 species of flowers
Be it flowery landscapes or lip smacking cuisines, Tamil Nadu is home to numerous attributes, that make it a spectacular place. This Southernmost and one of the most beautiful states of the country certainly is nation’s pride.