West Bengal is marked by distinctive geographical features, mouth-watering delicacies and cheap means of transport. The scenic beauty of tea gardens of Darjeeling would leave you just as spellbound as the mangroves of the Sundarbans Forest. The city culture is different, traveling in the city feels almost like time travel. Amid rush, people find the little luxury of small talks, laughter, devouring street foods and traveling in trams instead of buses.
Let us look at some of the fascinating facts about West Bengal.
1. Former Capital City
2. The city of many names
3. Grand railway complex
4. No stop for Calcutta
5. The world’s busiest bridge
6. Homeland of many literary legends
7. Started Football tournaments in India
8. The evergreen gigantic Banyan
9. The laborious hand-pulled rickshaws!
10. The enormous Cricket ground
11. The fusion of cultures
12. More than a hundred year old port
13. One of the oldest clubs of Asia
14. Influences from China
15. Home to thousands of books
16. Durga festivities!
17. Thank you Karnataka for this gem
18. The story behind SBI
19. Teachings of Sherlock
20. International Borders
Fusion cuisines, festive spirit and literary legends, are some of the things that separate West Bengal from the rest of the nation. This eclectic state boasts a vibrant art scene, delectable cuisine, and a genuinely hospitable population. And hence, is magnificent in every sense.