20 Powerful Jeff Bezos Quotes On Business, Customer Experience & Success
The richest man on the planet and the founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos is one of the most revolutionary entrepreneurs of the 21st Century. In 1993, Jeff Bezos started Amazon as an online bookstore. Today Amazon is the world’s largest online sales company and the largest Internet company in terms of revenue – far ahead of Google, Alibaba and Facebook. Bezos’ personally is the first centi-billionaire on the Forbes wealth index and has an estimated worth of $150 Billion
Besides creating wealth and being a global business tycoon, Jeff Bezos is also a powerful speaker who shares his vision and message with young entrepreneurs, students and business leaders. Jeff Bezos quotes reflect what went into making of Amazon – an iconic brand of this digital era.
We bring you 20 best Jeff Bezos quotes on business, customer experience and success.
1. “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
2. “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.”
3. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions. Your passions choose you.”
4.“If you decide that you’re going to do only the things you know are going to work, you’re going to leave a lot of opportunity on the table.”
5. “A company shouldn’t get addicted to being shiny because shiny doesn’t last.”
6. “What we need to do is always look into the future.”
7. “There are two kinds of companies. Those that work to try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second”
8.“Obsess about customers, not competitors.”
9.“If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
10. “Are you lazy or just incompetent?”
11. “Work hard, have fun, & make history.”
12. “Be stubborn on vision, but flexible on details.”
13. “The common question that gets asked in business is: Why? That’s a good question. But an equally valid question is: Why not?”
14. “We want to make money when people use our devices, not when they buy our devices.”
15. “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.”
16. “In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service & 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts.”
17. “The best customer service is if the customer doesn’t need to call you, doesn’t need to talk to you, it just works.”
18. “It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.”
19. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
20. “As a company, one of our greatest cultural strengths is accepting the fact that if you’re going to invent, you’re going to disrupt.”
The journey of Jeff Bezos from anonymity to the richest man in modern history is absolutely thrilling and inspiring. He continues to be an inspiration to thousands of entrepreneurs, students and those who wish to make it big in their lives.
Which of these Jeff Bezos quotes stuck you the hardest? Do let us know in the comments below!