15 Kaifi Azmi Shayaris That’ll Definitely Move You!
Born in Mizwaan in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh in British India, Kaifi Azmi was a renowned Urdu Poet who is largely believed to have brought Urdu literature to Indian cinema. He was married to film actress Shaukat Kaifi, and was the father of actress Shabana Azmi. Kaifi also actively participated in the Indian movement of independence, giving up his studies to join the Quit India Movement in 1942. He became a member of Progressive Writers’ Movement of India, where other members included popular pre-partition writers such as Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Ismat Chughtai, Saadat Hassan Manto, and Amrita Pritam. He eventually made it to Bollywood, where he started working as a lyricist, penning songs for movies like Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Haqeeqat (1964), Anupama (1966), Pakeezah (1972), and Arth (1982) among others.
With this article, we bring you 15 Kaifi Azmi Shayaris that’ll move you!
1. Bas ek jhijha hai yahi haal-e-dil sunane mein
Ki tera zikr bhi aayega is fasaane mein.
2. Jhuki jhuki si nazar bekaraar hai ki nahi
daba daba sa sahi dil mein pyaar hai ki nahi
3. Insaan ki khwahishon ki koi inteha nahin
Do gaz zameen bhi chahiye do gaz kafan ke baad.
4. Gar doobna hi humara maqsad hai toh suno
Doobenge hum zaroor magar nakhuda ke saath.
5. Mera bachpan bhi saath le aaya
Gaanv se jab bhi aa gaya koi
6. Ab jis taraf se chaahe guzar jaaye karwaan
Viraaniyan toh sab mere dil mein utar gayin
7. Koi toh sood chukaaye koi toh zimma le
Us inqalaab ka jo aaj tak udhaar saa hai.
Also read: 15 Shayaris By Faiz Ahmed Faiz- The Pillar Of Modern Urdu Literature before you move on to the rest of our Kaifi Azmi Shayaris!
8. Ped ke kaatne waalon ko ye maalum toh tha
Jism jal jaayenge jab sar pe saaya na hoga
9. Jis tarah has raha hoon main pi pi ke garam ashk
Yun doosra hase toh kalejaa nikal pade.
10. Itna toh zindagi mein kisike khalal pade
Hansne se ho sukun, na rone se kal pade
11. Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho
Kya gham hai jisko chhupa rahe ho
12. Koi kehta tha samundar hoon main
Aur meri jeb mein katra bhi nahi
13. Roz badhta hoon jahaan ke aage
Phir laut ke wahi aa jaata hoon
14. Roz baste hain kai shehr naye
Roz dharti mein samaa jaate hain.
15. Jo woh mere na rahe main bhi kab kisi ka raha
Bichhadke unse saleeka na zindagi ka raha.
Did you like our collection of the best Kaifi Azmi shayaris? Comment below to tell us your favourite one!