Fun Fact: Did you know that The Lion King is based on the famous Shakespearean play, Hamlet? You probably wouldn’t have guessed that this Disney movie meant for kids was based on a play about the meaning of existence and the futility of life. However, The Lion King isn’t half as morbid as Hamlet, and thank God for that. Released in 1994, The Lion King is one of Disney’s most successful movies till date. It follows the story of Simba, who must take back his father’s kingdom after his uncle kills his father and takes over the throne. It goes without saying that The Lion King touches upon some mature themes and subjects. Despite its young target audience, The Lion King is a classic, and is loved by adults as well. In this article, we bring you 13 Lion King quotes about life, family and leadership.
1. You can either run from your past, or learn from it.
“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
2. Change means things are moving on.
“Change is good.”
3. Being brave all the time is one way to be an idiot.
“I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.”
4. No worries!
5. It isn’t a chain, but a circle of life.
“When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life…”
6. A father’s legacy shall pass on.
“Everything the light touches is our kingdom.”
7. Being a king is a blessing but also a responsibility.
“There’s more to being a king than getting your way all the time.”
9. A true king gives more than he takes.
“While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.”
10. Everyone has an innate value.
“Everybody is somebody. Even a nobody.”
11. There’s no staying put in life. It keeps moving forward whether you want to or not.
“It’s the Circle of Life and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ’til we find our place on the path unwinding.”
12. Your parents live inside you and you live inside your children. In a way, no one ever dies as long as their line lives on.
“Look closer, you see… he lives in you.”
13. You can’t change your past, but you still have control over your future.
“To change the past is a big order, but you can change the future.”
Did you like these Lion King Quotes? Which one was your favourite? Do not forget to tell us in the comments below.