Even though Bollywood doesn’t always get things perfectly, the one genre it has truly mastered is romance. Be it the colourful locations, the beautiful songs to go with them, or the perfectly poetic lyric-like dialogues, Bollywood seems to have it all when it comes to romance. In the recent years, Bollywood has produced some real gems in the genre, so much so that it almost seems like romance comes naturally to them. Ironically, in real life, most Indians aren’t as comfortable talking about love as they are watching it on-screen. Perhaps it is the foreignness of romance that draws Indians towards the genre, but I guess we’ll never know. Anyway, here are our top picks for the most romantic Bollywood dialogues that are unforgettable.
1. God wants you to love.
2. Mere naina sirf Naina ko dhoondhte hain.
3. You only love once.
4. To see your love reflected back to you in your lover’s eyes.
5. The answer to all your prayers.
6. You can’t get them off of your mind.
7. It’s harder not to love.
8. If they can’t be your friend, they can’t be someone you love.
9. If you’re fortunate, the world will work in your favour.
10. Love them like they are, not how you want them to be.
11. When their name sounds like a prayer.
12. Love has no price.
13. Why’d you even love if you cannot love like Raj?
14. It’s been more than 25 years and people still use this line to flirt.
15. Times change, love doesn’t.
16. Love is fearless, and a little irrational.
17. You don’t love them despite their flaws, you love them for their flaws.
18. Love doesn’t always come easy.
19. This beautiful lyric that does not require a description.
20. They see your pain, they call it art.
21. You can’t help but make excuses to see them.
22. A great love story needs a great lover.
23. To love is to be lonely together.
24. Not all love is meant to be.
25. And sometimes, even love that came to be, wasn’t.
26. Love happens slowly, then all at once.
27. You cannot escape love.
28. Everything is fair in love.
29. Are you really happy if you have nobody to share it with?
30. The timing isn’t always right.
We hope you liked our picks for the most romantic Bollywood dialogues. Did we miss any of your favorites? Comment below to let us know.