25 Quotes by Famous Philosophers For Some Clarity About Life!
The pandemic has left the human race gasping for air and a giant grief-shaped hole for millions who have lost someone close to their hearts. But if history has taught us anything, it is that humanity must persist and persevere in the face of great adversity, and even though times are difficult, like most bad things, this too shall pass. It can be quite a challenge to wake up every day and feel lost about your place in the world, which is why there has never been a better time to learn what those who came before us had to say – and maybe find solace in the wisdom of strangers. Here are 25 quotes by famous philosophers to give you some clarity about life.
1. Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. – Aristotle
2. He who has no faith in himself can never have faith in God. – Guru Nanak
3. Those who have loved are those that have found God. – Guru Nanak
4.” Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life.” – Swami Vivekananda
5. “We are responsible for what we are.” – Swami Vivekananda
6. “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution.” – Aristotle
7. Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence. – Osho
8. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.” – Plato
9. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
10. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. – Rumi
11. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will you ever be polished?” – Rumi
12. The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
13. Anger begets more anger and forgiveness and love lead to more forgiveness and love. – Lord Mahavira
14. Religion is the opium of the masses. – Karl Marx
15. “Do unto others as you would like to be done by.” – Lord Mahavira
16. If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.
17. “Love is not about posession, love is about appreciation.” – Osho
18. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi.
19. Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others. – Paramahansa Yogananda
20. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens. – Rumi
21. The poet is intimate with the truth while the scientist approaches awkwardly.
22. An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind. – Mahatma Gandhi
23. Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. – Buddha
24. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. – Confucius
25. True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. – Socrates
Did you like these quotes by famous philosophers? Which one was your favourite? Comment below to let us know!