India is an unusual combination of an array of cultures, religions, tribes, and consequently, people. Indians speak a multitude of languages, eat a wide variety of food unseen probably in any other country, and as a result, the whole “Indian” experience in general is a bit of a hotchpotch of so many cultures that one forgets what might have been the original Indian experience – but that’s the point. India has been a refuge to so many people over the years: take for instance Zoroastrians who moved to India a millenium ago, or the Arab and Turkish invasions of India that brought even more people – there’s really no orginal Indian experience that remains free from influence of these various cultures that have, over a period of time, come to make India their home. And in a way, we, as modern Indians, are a product of not one but many experiences, which ultimately make up the Indian experience as we know it. These quotes on unity in diversity are, therefore, what make up the essence of what India is.
1. India has a different meaning for secularism. It means co-existence.
2. I wish these words still held true.
3. Despite our differences, we must unite for the betterment of our nation.
4. Religion must not penetrate the legal system.
5. In India we celebrate the commonality of major differences.
6. Secularism and tolerance make up the soul of India.
7. Our differences do not define us, we’re all still the same.
8. We’re all Indians first; everything else comes second.
9. Not all identities align with one another, but they co-exist nonetheless, and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
10. Being privy to an array of cultures is a blessing and a privilege.
11. Our diversity is a beauty and a test.
12. God made us different for a reason, and we must respect that.
13. It is our composite culture which makes us one nation.
Did you like these quotes on Unity in diversity in India? Which one was your favourite? Comment below to let us know!