11 Rang De Basanti Dialogues That Will Hit You Hard!
One of the most inspiring and hard hitting movies of recent times, Rang De Basanti has attained the status of a cult classic with a significant impact on the society. The performances, strong screenplay and powerful Rang De Basanti dialogues have inspired an entire generation of Indians to speak against the injustices, corruption and evils by people in power. It is the story of five aimless young friends from Delhi who discover the deep patriotism underlying in their hearts as they act in a documentary film on Indian freedom fighters and later get involved in a national corruption scandal.
A tale of friendship, life and love for the country, Rang De Basanti broke all the box office records in India at the time of its release. It became the highest-grossing film in its opening weekend in India and created the record for the highest opening day collections for a Bollywood film. It won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film and was also India’s official entry for the Golden Globe Awards and the Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
We bring you 11 best Rang De Basanti dialogues that’ll hit you hard!
1. Zindagi jeene ke do hi tarike hote hai… Ek jo ho raha hai hone do, bardaasht karte jao. Ya phir zimmedari uthao usse badalne ki!
2. Ab bhi jiska khoon na khaula, khoon nahin voh paani hai … joh desh ke kaam na aaye woh bekaar jawani hai…
3. College di gate de is taraf hum life ko nachate hai…Te dooji taraf life humko nachati hai
4. Mujhe hamesha lagta tha ki duniya mein do tarah ke insaan hote hain…Ek jo chupchap maut ka daman thaam lete hain… Aur doosre joh rote chilaate maut ki taraf badhte hain…
Aur phir main teesre kisam ke insaanon se mila
5. SMS generation… Char liney zyada kya bol di lecture lagne lagta hai.
6. Koi bhi desh perfect nahin hota … usse behtar banana padta hai
7. Baap ka paisa hai…Pade Pade sadd jaata hai
8. Tum system ko badalne ki koshish karte ho… Ye system khud tumhe badalta hai!
9. Jo log ooncha sunte hain… Unhe dhamaake ki zaroorat hoti hai
10. Jo log khud videshi banna chahte hain, unmein aap sacche kraantikaari dhoond rahi hain?
11. Mujhe toh lagta tha hum kisi cheez ke liye ladd jayenge aisa jazbaa hi nai hai humare andar
Beyond the commercial and critical success, Rang De Basanti will always remain an iconic movie for inspiring the common people to stand against evils and misdoings of those in powerful. The movie had a significant influence in inspiring youth activism in India. Inspired from this movie, Candle light marches became a new way to protest. This movie was one of the several cultural impacts that led to a huge participation of the youth in protests during the Jessica Lall Murder Case, Priyadarshini Mattoo rape-murder case, 2011 Anti-Corrption Movement and the 2012 Nirbhaya case. Rang De Basanti Dialogues has been used again and again by political leaders, patriots and the people participating in various movements.
Which of these Rang De Basanti dialogues hit you the hardest? Do let us know in the comments below!