Assam is India’s gateway to the east. It is the perfect get-away destination to break from hectic, mundane and chaotic city life. The rich cultural heritage, exotic wildlife, aromatic tea gardens and temples of ancient times enchant the senses and dawn upon us a tranquil that rejuvenates the body, mind and the soul.
Let us look at some of the lesser-known facts about amazing Assam.
1. The barter fair!
2. Weavers everywhere!
3. The smooth golden silk
4. World’s largest and the smallest!
5. The longest rule in Indian history
6. The unbeatable
7. The hub of religions
8. A story behind every temple
9. The first of Asia
10. Heavily bordered!
11. Brings together many lands
12. Home of rhinos
13. The decorated festivities of Assam
14. Many many varieties of pretty Orchids
15. The lush tea-tees!
16. Asia’s first
17. The village of magical healers
18. Safety banned!
It is certainly a fascinating place. With ancient magic villages and golf courses in tea plantations, so many eccentricities are associated with Assam. However, it is a peaceful space and it’s right to say that a state that vows by tranquility is one of the most serene states of the nation.