Top 10 Trains to Explore Varanasi from Delhi
Varanasi, often referred to as the spiritual heart of India, is a city of profound religious significance located on the banks of the sacred Ganges River. Known for its ancient temples, vibrant ghats (riverfront steps), and daily Ganga Aarti ceremonies, Varanasi attracts pilgrims and travellers from around the world. This historic city is a hub of culture, music, and spirituality, with a rich heritage that spans thousands of years.
Its Banarasi silk sarees, traditional handicrafts, and the nearby Buddhist pilgrimage site of Sarnath further contribute to its cultural richness. Varanasi is a place where the past and present coexist in a timeless tapestry of spirituality and tradition. Travelling from Delhi to Varanasi by train offers a comfortable and economical option. Indian Railways provides various train services that make the journey convenient, allowing you to experience the countryside while saving on time and money. Plus, you can easily check PNR status and make online train ticket bookings using an app like redRail.
List of Top 10 Trains between Delhi to Varanasi
Check out some of the best Delhi and Varanasi trains.
- Shiv Ganga Express (12559/12560): Shiv Ganga Express is a popular choice for travellers between Delhi and Varanasi. It offers comfortable journeys with various classes of travel and maintains good punctuality. The journey typically takes around 12 hours.
- Sarnath Express (15159/15160): Known for its punctual service, the Sarnath Express efficiently connects Delhi to Varanasi. It’s a favoured choice among both tourists and regular commuters for its reliability and comfortable seating arrangements.
- Kashi Vishwanath Express (14257/14258): Named after the renowned Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi, this train is a preferred option for overnight travel. It departs from Delhi in the evening and reaches Varanasi early in the morning, providing comfortable seating options.
- Varanasi Shatabdi Express (12033/12034): For a high-speed journey, the Varanasi Shatabdi Express is an excellent choice. It covers the distance in approximately 6-7 hours, offering a quick and comfortable travel experience.
- Mahamana Express (22417/22418): The Mahamana Express is known for its modern amenities, including bio-toilets and charging points. It connects Delhi and Varanasi, providing a comfortable and convenient travel experience.
- Ganga Kaveri Express (12669/12670): This train offers a picturesque route between Delhi and Varanasi, passing through lush landscapes. It provides various classes and a comfortable journey, taking around 12-13 hours.
- Kamayani Express (11071/11072): The Kamayani Express offers a convenient option for travellers between Delhi and Varanasi. It typically takes around 13-14 hours for the journey and provides comfortable seating choices.
- Lichchavi Express (14005/14006): The Lichchavi Express is another reliable choice for this route, offering different classes of travel and a comfortable journey taking around 12-13 hours.
- PNBE NDLS Express (12309/12310): This train provides a connection between Patna and New Delhi, with a stop in Varanasi. It’s a convenient choice for those travelling between these cities and offers various classes of travel.
- Anand Vihar Terminal – Varanasi Express (14235/14236): Operating between Anand Vihar Terminal in Delhi and Varanasi, this train provides an alternative route for travellers. It offers comfortable seating options and typically takes around 13-14 hours for the journey.
The journey between Delhi and Varanasi, two culturally rich and historically significant cities in India, can be made comfortable and convenient through a variety of excellent train options. Whether you’re seeking speed, comfort, or a spiritual experience, these top trains, such as the Shiv Ganga Express, Kashi Vishwanath Express, and the rest in the list, cater to diverse preferences.
With modern amenities, scenic routes, and efficient service, these trains ensure that your travel experience is not just a means of reaching your destination but also an integral part of your journey through the heartland of India. So, whether you’re a tourist exploring the mystique of Varanasi or a regular commuter, these trains offer a reliable and enjoyable way to traverse the distance between these two iconic cities.