Barbie has created a lot of noise and compelled millions of people across the globe to trot toward the cinema halls and bring their pink side out without feeling judged! The movie has also received a great response from critics, and the dialogues from the Barbie movie are also becoming a hot topic. Directed by Greta Gerwig, ‘Barbie’ was released on 21st July 2023, competing with Christopher Nolan’s equally hyped movie ‘Oppenheimer’. The hype about both movies was so huge that a new word ‘Barbieheimer’ was coined out of it! Much to the astonishment of people, Barbie is not just a children’s movie but rather a social movie that has many dialogues compelling us to rethink our ways of living.
Barbie is a movie about Barbie and Ken living happily in their own colorful world, oblivious to the real world and its workings. However, someday they are brought face-to-face with the real world, and they find out all the good and bad that exist in it. On that note, let’s check out the 20 best dialogues from the Barbie movie.
1. Until Barbie arrived!
“Since the beginning of time, since the first little girl ever existed, there have been dolls. But the dolls were always and forever baby dolls, until…”
2. That confusion still haunts me…
“We have to be thin but not too thin, and we can never say we want to be thin you have to say you want to be healthy. But also you have to be thin.”
3. Barbie is a women’s representative!
“Barbie is all these women. And all these women are Barbie.”
4. If you want to live forever, work on great ideas…
“Humans only have one ending. Ideas live forever.”
5. When women get a chance to confront Barbie face-to-face!
“You’ve been making women feel bad about themselves since you were invented.”
6. Does that make any sense?
“You’re supposed to stay pretty for men but not so pretty you tempt them too much or you threaten other women. Because you’re supposed to be part of the sisterhood but always stand out.”
7. Every day is the first day of the rest of our lives…
“It is the best day ever. So was yesterday, and so is tomorrow, and every day from now until forever.”
8. When the world of matriarchy also exists somewhere…
“Basically, everything that men do in your world, women do in ours.”
9. That is just too much to ask from an individual, don’t you think?
“You have to have money but you can’t ask for money. Because that’s crass. You have to be a boss but you can’t be mean. You have to lead but you can’t squash other people’s ideas. You’re supposed to love being a mother but you don’t talk about your kids all the damn. You have to be a career woman, but also look out for other people.”
10. Mothers sacrifice a lot for their daughters to get ahead in life.
“We mothers stand still so our daughters can look back and see how far they have come.”
11. Is that true?
“Every night is girl’s night.”
12. Yup, that’s the reality…
“You guys are not doing patriarchy very well.”
13. It is contradictory and hard on most days and we all try and survive through it…
“You have to never get old, never be rude, never show off, never be selfish, never fall down, never fail, never show fear, never get out of line. It’s too hard, it’s too contradictory, and nobody gives you a medal and says thank you.”
14. Which one is the right choice?
“You have to go to the real world. You can go back to your regular life, and forget any of this ever happened. Or you can know the truth about the universe.”
15. We all are trying to figure out the real world…
“The real world isn’t what I thought it was.”
16. One universal harsh truth…
“Women hate women. And men hate women. It’s the only thing we all agree on.”
17. That is a new kind of question with an age-old answer!
“I’m a man without power. Does that make me a woman?”
18. Barbie solves the problems of women…
“Thanks to Barbie, all problems of feminism have been solved.”
19. Barbie is representing women but Ken does not represent men…
“If all of that is also true of a doll just representing a woman, then I don’t even know.”
20. Yes, it is impossible, isn’t it?
“It is literally impossible to be a woman.”
Have you seen Barbie? If not, go and watch and know about the world of Barbie. Oh, and tell us your favorite dialogues!