The big fat Indian wedding is nothing short of a festival for the family and guests, and the pressure to throw the best, most unforgettable and lavish wedding can often put a dent in people’s finances. And while the argument of whether a big fat Indian wedding is even worth it is still on the table, it is undeniable that weddings are extremely fun. It is the biggest day for the ones getting married, which is why people want it to be so perfect – it’s something that they’ll never forget. In these viral videos from Indian weddings, while we see some couples having the time of their lives, the others… uh, not so much.
1. When the bride decided that the Jaymala was the perfect occasion to start a game of Kabaddi.
I mean, as long as things are fun, why the hell not?
2. If a girl can wait her entire life for her prince charming, the least a groom can do is wait for her to finish eating her Maggi.
It doesn’t seem like asking much.
View this post on Instagram
3. The groom be like: aight imma head out 🚶🏾♂️
So apparently, this bride lost consciousness, and the groom flew out of the venue like a bat ’bout to unleash a brand new virus.
4. Some people have disney themed parties, Indians have golgappa themed weddings.
Why eat the food when you can be the food? Nope, that’s not sound advice. Sorry friends.
5. After all, you only get to make your bridal entry (ideally) once in your life.
When the sound technician wouldn’t play the song this bride wanted to be her entry-song, she refused to walk into the venue!
View this post on Instagram
6. A family that works out together, lives long together.
The most logical next step would be opening a gym together, tbh.
7. UP man dresses up as bride and shows up to his ex’s wedding because of course that’s the best way to sneak into a wedding (no, honestly, I am scratching my head here wondering what the hell his plan was):
I have no words, but also I feel sad for this guy. Idk man, my feelings are all over the place.
8. Man’s lover shouts “Babu, babu” outside the venue of his wedding. Now that’s a beautiful start to a very healthy marriage!
Yep, that happened.
In Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh, a young woman kept shouting #babu_babu outside the marriage hall and inside her lover got married to someone else. Later the policemen removed the girl from the gate. Video of the incident went #viral.#viralvideo #viral #viralvideos #viralpost pic.twitter.com/2PXmGMToxj
— Amazing info hub (@Amazinginfohub1) July 13, 2021
WFH is for boys, WFW is for men.
10. Why should boys have all the fun?
Hum jeete ek baar hain, ek baar marte hain, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai… so why not have some fun?
11. Bhabhi successfully one-ups her Devars.
When none of these devars would let this bride take a seat alongside her groom, she decided to go ahead and sit in his lap.
12. A Kashmiri ritual for the ages.
In this ritual, the bride makes rotis while the groom helps her.
13. The first dance is the sweetest!
So makes sense to throw your best moves.
View this post on Instagram
14. And off goes the groom.
Without the bride.
15. Teacher first, husband second.
In this hilarious video, an engineeing student gets his lab record signed during professor’s wedding reception.
16. If it’s meant to be, you’ll find a way.
This couple literally sailed through floodwaters to get to their wedding venue. Mother nature’s got nothing on these lovebirds.
VIDEO A couple in India’s southern state of Kerala use a large cooking pot borrowed from a temple to get through floodwaters and reach their wedding venue pic.twitter.com/fYk82XTD7Q
— AFP News Agency (@AFP) October 18, 2021
17. A match made in heaven:
But like literally, because this couple got hitched mid-air on a plane!
18. Traditions, but make it toxic:
In a rather repugnant video, men can be seen flaunting huge sums of cash the groom received as dowry.
In an “obscene” display of wealth, a wedding ceremony in UP’s #Shamli showed off #Dowry – Rs 41 lakh in cash, bride with knee-length gold necklace, silver and other valuables. According to locals, the dowry was worth more than a crore. pic.twitter.com/LaxJL0xoHr
— TOIWestUP (@TOIWestUP) June 28, 2021
19. A very happy day indeed:
Honestly, if you’re not as happy as this guy while getting married, call off the damn wedding.
20. This guy got married to two women on the same day, taking backup plans to a whole new level:
And then there’s you, who can’t convince even one woman to date him.
A man married two women on the same day in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar district. A marriage, which is uncommon for the society, was consensual
Both the women used to like Chandu Maurya, the groom. Maurya, 24, married the women at the same ceremony in Bastar’s Tikralohnga village pic.twitter.com/CePfJ3d8q4
— Hindustan Times (@htTweets) January 8, 2021
21. But first, let’s eat!
As a marriage hall in Bhiwandi shoots up in flames behind him, man continues to enjoy his scrumptious wedding meal unbothered.
22. Wedding Crashers, but make it Desi.
So apparently when this guy went out of the city for work, his girlfriend’s family fixed her wedding. So he decided the most plausible solution would be crashing the wedding and marrying his girlfriend forcibly. Spoiler alert: didn’t work.
Jilted lover forcibly applies sindoor in bride’s ‘manng’ during ‘jaimala’ at her wedding. pic.twitter.com/I7srz7r2bQ
— The Times Of India (@timesofindia) December 5, 2021
Which of these crazy Indian weddding videos did you enjoy the most? Comment below to let us know!