20 Best J. Cole Quotes For Mid-Week Motivation
Jermaine Lamarr Cole aka J. Cole is a famous American rapper, singer, record producer, and songwriter. He was born on a German military base and launched his career with his mixed tape album- The Come Up in 2007. Though, his breakthrough album was his single studio debut album- Cole World: The Sideline Story, which debuted at number one on US Billboard 200. He also speaks on various public platforms, while giving interviews and during his concerts- his words of wisdom often turn into some great quotes. The best J. Cole quotes can be used by all of us to get inspired in life!
Surprisingly, this multi-talented rapper is also a self-taught pianist who has also produced many singles for artists such as Kendrick Lamar, and Janet Jackson. He has also won many awards including Billboard Music Awards, Grammy award for best rap song, and several other awards and nominations. He is an inspiration for many youths and Gen Z. Some of the best J. Cole quotes teach us how to remain humble even when you are at the peak of your career. Check out the quotes below.
1. Follow. Your. Heart.
“I’m here to spread a message of hope. Follow your heart. Don’t follow what you’ve been told you’re supposed to do.”
2. Good nature will always be remembered.
“You can’t reverse fame. You can lose all the money, but you’ll never lose people knowing you.”
3. Try out the roads not taken also, because you never know what can work out for you…
“I want people to follow their dreams, yes… but I’m not interested in telling young Black kids how to be rappers… I want to show them that there’s so many other paths you can take, besides a rapper or basketball player.”
4. A person with a wider variety and open perspectives can have better ideas.
“I’m half-Black, half-white, so I basically put it like this: I can fit in anywhere. That’s why I write so many stories from so many different perspectives because I’ve seen so many.”
5. The most pleasant gift of being an artist is the process- that everyone can see and appreciate.
“The thing about being an artist today is you get to develop right in front of people’s eyes before you even put out an album.”
6. Will Smith IS the coolest guy!
“I met Will Smith twice. I didn’t talk to him for too long but I was trying to let him know that my age group grew up watching him—he was the coolest guy on television and the coolest guy in movies.”
7. You just need to do it.
“I feel like this: Whatever is in your path and in your heart, you need to do.”
8. When the underdog works really hard and achieves his dreams...
“I’ve always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds.”
9. For some school is a much more pleasant memory than college time, isn’t it?
“College isn’t in everyone’s hearts. I am living proof, though, that school doesn’t mess up your plans. It gives you more experiences to write about.”
10. Change is a sign of growth…
“I had a lot of resistance, and not just to fame. I was always conscious of not changing.”
“Anything I do, I want to do it well.”
12. A balance of all good and bad times is a must.
“To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is.”
13. You gotta dream big…
“Anything’s possible, you gotta dream like you never seen obstacles.”
14. Be authentic.
“I’d rather be happy being myself than sad trying to please everyone else.”
15. What we have is the best!
“No such thing as a life that’s better than yours, no such thing–no such thing…”
16. The memories are very important- that’s what keeps us going…
“Nothing lasts forever, but at least we’ve got these memories.”
17. Every story has two sides of the coin- the pleasant and the ugly side.
“It’s beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success.”
18. Life is filled with all kinds of shocks and surprises…
“Sometimes our dreams come true, sometimes our fears do too.”
19. Take a moment and think before judging anyone.
“There’s a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.”
20. Play the game and win before it takes over you!
“Either you play the game or you let the game play you.”
Did you find the above 20 best J. Cole quotes inspiring? I bet you did! Tell us your views about J. Cole and his motivating life, and words of wisdom in the comments.