Sportsmen around the world serve an inspiration to millions of people who follow, learn and try to emulate their journey from scratch to glory. Some of the greatest sporting legends have had the most humble beginnings and lived a life of struggle before making it big in the international stage and becoming a house hold name. The interviews, speeches and biographies of these legends are full of motivational quotes that show what does it take to become a legend.
We bring you 16 Motivational quotes from sporting legends that will definitely inspire you.
1. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
2. “Don’t stop chasing your dreams, because dreams do come true.” – Sachin Tendulkar
3. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
4. “Some people think that if their opponent plays a beautiful game, it’s OK to lose. I don’t. You have to be merciless”- Magnus Carlsen
6. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.”
7. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
8. “Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute, or an hour or a day, or even a year. But eventually, it will subside. And something else take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.” – Lance Armstrong
9. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
10. “No matter how good you get you can always get better, and that’s the exciting part.” – Tiger Woods
11. “When you are good at something, make that everything.” – Roger Federer
12. “My motivation is tomorrow, just one day at a time, right?”
13. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you stick to it and work hard.” – Serena Williams
14. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
15. “When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones.” – Sachin Tendulkar
16. “Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.” – Michael Schumacher
Hope these motivational quotes were inspiring and uplifting. Stay Strong. Stay Motivated!