When the history of the 21st century India would be written, it will remain incomplete without the mention of one man – Narendra Damodardas Modi. Starting as a tea seller in Gujarat, Narendra Modi made his way to become the Prime Minister of the world’s largest democracy twice with convincing victories and an enviable parliamentary majority.
One of the key prowess of Narendra Modi is his ability to communicate with the layman of India. He is known for his powerful speeches, oratory and fiery statements without mining words. Narendra Modi’s quotes, words and speeches is followed carefully by the Indians and across the globe.
We bring you the best and most powerful Narendra Modi quotes that will inspire every Indian.
1. “I’m from Ahmedabad where we have a saying: ‘single-fare, double journey. I usually try to visit two to four nations together when I go to international trips.”
2. “For me, my secularism is India first. I say the philosophy of my party is ‘Justice to all. Appeasement to none.’ This is our secularism.”
3. “Do not compete with others, compete with yourself.”
4. “The law of nature is that Truth alone triumphs: Satyameva Jayate.”
5. “The Chalta Hai attitude held our nation’s progress hostage for a long time, I am challenging it.”
6. “A son of a poor man is standing in front of you today! This is the strength of our democracy.”
This is one of the best Narendra Modi quotes that defines the power of Indian democracy that gives an opportunity to even the poorest of the poor to ride in power and stature.
7. “No one can question the talent of India’s youth after the success of the Mars Mission. Everything indigenous!”
8. “I come from a poor family and I want the poor to get dignity.”
9. “ When the pure waters of Narmada flow into Sabarmati on account of our river linking project, do you expect me to measure how many litres are consumed by Hindus and how much water goes to Muslim households? My job is to ensure that every person, every household gets adequate supplies of clean drinking water.”
10. “2014 was a mandate for hope and aspiration. 2019 is about confidence and acceleration.”
11. “This country has not been made by politicians, kings or governments. It has been made by saints, farmers, laborers and the people.”
This Narendra Modi quote from one of his parliamentary speeches speaks about the contributions of millions of Indians who have toiled hard throughout generations to make India what it is now.
12. “Social media is reducing social barriers. It connects people to the strength of human values, not identities.”
13. “We walk together, we move together, we think together, we resolve together, and together we take this country forward.”
14. “We believe in vasudhaiva kutumbakam: the whole world is a family. This is in our DNA. This is in our genetic system. I belong to a culture which says “the whole world is one family”. How can we hate any community? Even any person? It’s impossible!”
15. “Sports is a necessity of life. Let everyone play and shine.”
16. “IT + IT + IT = Indian Talent + Information Technology = India Tomorrow.”
17. “India does not need to emulate any other country. India must become only India. This is a country that once upon a time was called – the golden bird.”
18. “I did not get an opportunity to die for the country, but I have got an opportunity to live in the country.”
19. “No matter at what speed I move forward, I am n ever satisfied. If today I run at a speed of 100, I keep an aim of running at 200. World has gone far ahead and we need to match that level.”
20. “Has any [other] CM been grilled for 9 hours?”
Narendra Modi on his trial for 2002 riots by the SIT which later cleared him of all charges.
21. “Hard work never brings fatigue. It brings satisfaction.”
22. “Afghan-India Friendship dam has not been built by bricks and mortar, but by the faith of our friendship and the valour of Afghans and Indians.”
23. “A youthful nation like ours must leave an impact in the entire world.”
24. “I have always been a ‘C.M.’ I am a C.M. today and will remain a C.M. tomorrow because by ‘C.M.’ I mean common man or Aam Aadmi.”
25. “Once we decide we have to do something, we can go miles ahead.”
26. “India’s strength lies in her villages. Our aim is to bridge the differences between rural and urban India. We want our villages to have all the facilities that are there in the cities.”
27.“An opportunity to work is good luck for me. I put my soul into it. Each such opportunity opens the gates for the next one.”
28. “To me I am a worshipper and the people are my god.”
29. “Do you have any statement in my whole life [in which] I’ve ever said anything wrong against any religion? Any religious book? Any prophet? Any god? Do you have any single sentence?”
30. “Be it the First World War or the Second World War, India never attacked other countries. We never attacked any country for conquering their territory. But our brave soldiers fought for others and sacrificed their lives in both the Wars. And, the world must recognise this.”
A man known to work hard without taking holidays and leaves, Narendra Modi has been an inspiration to millions of Indians willing to be a part of the ‘New India.’ His sheer determination to take tough decisions, develop international ties and built a modern India has gained the trust of the country through two historic electoral mandates.
Did we miss one of your favorite Narendra Modi quotes? Do let us know in the comments below.