It’s not often when a Bollywood movie with a female protagonist becomes a huge critical and commercial success. Well, Kangana broke the norms with Queen! The performances, story, screenplay and dialogues from queen were loved by the audiences helping the movie gross over INR 200 Crores at the box office.
Queen follows the journey of Rani mehra (Kangana Ranaut) – a shy and meek Punjabi girl from Delhi who discovers herself and gains self-respect as she goes for a solo honeymoon trip to Paris and Amsterdam after being ditched by her fiancé Vijay (Rajkumar Rao) a day prior to her wedding. A movie laced with humor and entertaining moments, Queen is also a lesson in finding joy and self-respect despite all tragedies in one’s life.
We bring you some of the best dialogues from Queen that are absolutely hilarious.
1. Indians sab cheez mein best hain. Kissing mein bhi Indians best hain. Kabhi Emraan Hashmi ka naam suna hai?
2. Mera sense of humour bohot achcha hai. Aapko dheere dheere pata chal jayega!
3. Mera haal na Gupta uncle ke jaise ho gaya hai. Gupta uncle ko na cancer ho gaya tha. Unhone kabhi sharab nahi pi, cigarette nahi pi, phir bhi cancer ho gaya. Isse achcha toh pi hi lete.
4. Mujhe Lagta hai Vijay ne na London mein sex kar liya hai.
5. Why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it?
6. Main india se hoon, Rajouri. Rajouri suna hai? Apne honeymoon pe akele aayi hoon!
7. Lajpath Nagar is in Delhi. Foreigners find Lajpath Nagar very funny.
8. Mera toh itna life kharab ho gaya, itna life kharab ho gaya mera..
9. Yahan pe main hi sabse achhi English bolti hoon
10. Tim: “I am from France, it is not French toast”
Rani: “Nahin yeh sirf India mein milta hain.”
11. Humare school ke saamne convent ki ladkiyaan itni chhoti skirt pehenti thi fold kar, kar ke fold kar kar ke…Humne koi aise galat kaam nahi kiye.
Several scholars and critics have named Queen as a classic and one of the best movies of Indian Cinema of all times. It is considered to be a landmark movie in terms of female centric and content driven cinema. The movie received a total of 2 National Awards – Best Hindi Film and Best Actress (Kangana Ranaut) and 6 Awards including the Best Film, Best Actress and Best Director (Vikas Bahl).
Did we miss out out on any of your favorite dialogues from Queen? Do let us know in the comments below and we will add them to this list!