The most common platforms that bring actors and audience, together, are cinema halls. But, in those few hours the actors are already molded into some characters, essential to the narrative.
Therefore, we get to see a Piku on the screen and not Deepika Padukone. For actors then slide into characters, from real to reel. But, the buzz to know the real actor never subsides.
1. SRK has a phobia of riding horses.
Phobias are quintessential experience of being human!
2. Waheeda Rahma and Rakhee, both, have played roles of mother and lover to Amitabh Bachchan.
And nobody questioned it back then?
3. Sonam Kapoor worked as a waitress in a Chinese restaurant in Singapore to manage her expenses.
4. Rekha wears only crimson or chocolate colored lipstick when making public appearances.
That’s her style quotient, I guess.
5. Hritik Roshan made his acting debut when he was just 6 years old, as an extra in a dance sequence for the movie “Asha”.
So that’s when he became passionately curious about dancing?
6. In the 1990 film ‘Awwal Number’, Dev Anand’s mother (in the photo frame) is Cindy Crawford, an American model.
7. Farhan Akhtar ventured into Hollywood, when he wrote the lyrics for soundtrack of the film Bride and Prejudice (2004).
That too, before Pee Cee and Deepika!
8. Nawazuddin Siddiqui did numerous cameos before making it big, examples, Munna Bhai MBBS, Sarfarosh New York, Dev D, Peepli Live .
Slowly but surely, he did it!
9. Shah Rukh Khan’s least favourite school subject was Hindi, his mother offered to take him to see a Hindi film, if he improved.
Could she see what was coming, already?
10. In ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’, Karan and Farah gave a guest appearance together which was left unnoticed by everyone.
Did you see? Even I didn’t.
11. Ranveer Singh’s, original name is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani and he is Sonam Kapoor’s second cousin.
12. Rajnikanth never said Enna Rascala .
13. Aamir khan was very good at tennis in his school and played at the national level. He was the champion in the under 12 or 14 group.
And you thought that Nawaz was the only struggler in the B- town.
14. Kareena’s name has been inspired from the book Anna Karenina, Bebo’s mother was reading, when she was pregnant with Kareena.
Mystery solved, finally!
15. Himesh Reshammiya gave Deepika her first break in a music video titled, ‘Naam Hai Tera’.
Loftiest towers rise from the ground.
16. Amitabh Bachchan is ambidextrous – the ability to use the right and left hands equally well.
17. Dilip Kumar rejected a lead role in the international project ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ (1962) by director David Lean.
Because first comes India…
18. David Dhawan refused to launch Varun in a home production. Karan Johar took it on himself to launch Varun.
Karan made man.Lol!
19. Katrina Kaif is the first Indian Actor to have a Barbie Doll modelled on her. The doll was part of a line called “I Can Be.”
Can I be?
20. A 29 Yr old Anupam Kher played a 60 year old in the highly acclaimed movie – Saaransh
21. Sharmila Tagore she became the first Indian actress to appear in a bikini in ‘An Evening in Paris’ (1967). She also posed in a bikini for the Filmfare magazine in 1968.
22. Salman has two fatwas issued by Muslim organisations, the fatwas allege that he contravened the Islamic law that forbids the worship of idols.
Fatwa se darr nahi lagta, saheb.
Every actor is unique, with their own set of flamboyance and flaws . But despite that, we love to love them or hate them for what they are.