12 Powerful Leadership Quotes To Ignite The Leader In You
Leaders are people whom you admire and respect. Their actions leave an impact on you and you look up to them to succeed in life. A good leader can transform lives and be a guide for people who fail to see the bigger picture in life. Leadership quotes by world leaders, industry tycoons and iconic personalities reveal the attitude and aptitude it takes to become a leader. Needless to say, good leaders and bad leaders, both shape the future of the world.
In this article, we take you through top leadership quotes to identify the personality traits of a leader and see how many you possess.
1. An army of sheep, led by a lion, is better than an army of lions, led by a sheep. – Napoleon
2. The supreme quality of leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – John Quincy Adams
4. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. – Steve Jobs
5. Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. – Jack Welch
6. The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example.
7. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Jack Welch
8. Leaders instill in their people a hope for success and a belief in themselves. Positive leaders empower people to accomplish their goals.
9. The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. – John Maxwell
10. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things. – Ronald Reagan
11. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. – John C. Maxwell
12. Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. – Peter Drucker
13. I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people. – Mahatma Gandhi
14. The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly. – Jim Rohn
The passion and exuberance of a good leader can be easily felt when they are around. Their magnetic personalities leave a lasting impression wherever they go. Even in times where everything seems to be falling apart, they have the vision to move ahead in life!
Which of these leadership quotes is your favorite?