A new age philosopher and preacher, Osho was a controversial yet highly influential spiritual leader of the 20th century. A man who disregarded the existing systems that governed the world and religious dogmas, Osho is often cited for his teachings which are more relevant in the new millennium than ever before. His speeches, teachings, writings, work and Osho quotes continues to lead thousands across the globe to a path of self-discovery and happiness.
We bring you the best Osho quotes that can change your life.
1. If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.
2. Experience life in all possible ways – good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.
3. To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.
4. Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for,no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.
5. Life begins where fear ends.
6. Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny– he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally– you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.
7. Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.
8. You feel good, you feel bad, and these feelings are bubbling from your own unconsciousness, from your own past. Nobody is responsible except you. Nobody can make you angry, and nobody can make you happy.
9. Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.
10. Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.
11. The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.
12. Intelligence is dangerous. Intelligence means you will start thinking on your own; You will start looking around on your own. You will not believe in the scriptures; you will believe only in your own experience.
12. Courage Is a Love Affair with the Unknown.
13. My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.
14. Truth is not to be found outside. No teacher, no scripture can give it to you. It is inside you and if you wish to attain it, seek your own company. Be with yourself.
15. They say: Think twice before you jump. I say: Jump first and then think as much as you want!
16. Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed- borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.
17. Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.
18. A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.
19. I live my life based on 2 principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.
20. In love the other is important; in lust you are important.
Did you know that Osho had a coveted follower base spanning across continents that included some notable names likes Vinod Khanna, Mahesh Bhatt, Parveen Babi. Some of the most powerful personalities of the world like Dr. Manmohan Singh, Madonna, The Dalai Lama, Tom Cruise, Kapil Dev and Khuswant Singh also admired the works of Osho.
Which of these Osho quotes struck you the hardest? Do comment below!