Fight Club, for most of us, has been a movie that completely changed our outlook on life. Tyler Durden became our spirit animal and inspired us to find the real insights to our inner-self, something that has been dazed by the false perceptions of the world. A man split between himself and his alter ego has been painted amazingly by Chuck Palahniuk. The movie also takes a dig at consumerism and how it has tricked us into wanting things we never needed.
We bring you 13 Fight Club quotes that’ll give you insightful-chills and make you think about the choices you’ve made.
1) You’re the purest at rock bottom. Free to make your own course.
2) Knowing what you want is easier said than done. Everything falls in place, once you know it.
3) The symbolic prison most of us are living in today…
4) Because that idea of perfection will keep changing, the more you have the more you want
5) Thought provoking. Yet as cynical as we get, we still want to keep up those appearances.
6) A great lesson to live by. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself. Don’t care about what others might think.
7) More importantly, what’re you gonna do about it
8) Sometimes to overcome one’s internal strife, one needs to break everything. Just the way Tyler turned around his unfulfilled life through self destruction.
9) In the metaphorical sense, it exposes you to your fears, it’s on you to take the pain and hit back.
10) Alas! The corporatized existence…
11) Hard for most to see…
12) Generations have gotten tricked into wasting their lives by consumerism. Watch it before it’s too late…
13) Unparalleled success comes to either those, who have everything to lose or to the ones who’ve got nothing
Most of the people around us are sapped of free will. Slaves with white collars, as the movie shows. If we can take a few lessons from this masterpiece and go beyond our fears of tomorrow, we might find a Tyler Durden within us.
Tell us what’s holding you back from taking that step in your life in the comments below.