20 Best Quotes About Body Positivity That Teach Us To Be Kinder
We all learn lessons in kindess when we are children – be kind to others, all the books would say. But it’s sad how we aren’t taught to direct the same kindness towards ourselves, and grow up to be our own harshest critics. But times are changing, and people have recognised the mental agony that self-deprecation actually brings. Far more people suffer from mental illnesses and eating disorders than you would ever guess. And why not – we live in a world that likes to put airbrushed photos of people who’ve probably had tonnes of work done on their faces and bodies on magazine covers, pretending to not notice the millions of young people who aspire to a beauty that does not exist. However, you are not alone. Everyone has their own insecurities, as you shall learn eventually. With that, we bring the best quotes about body positivity that’ll teach you how important self love is.
Also read: 20 Quotes About Self-Love That Will Boost Up Your Spirits
Now let’s get back to our list of the best quotes about Body positivity.
1. Sometimes kindness works way better than bitter resentment.
You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. — Louise Hay
2. There’s no love greater than that we have for ourselves.
To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. — Alan Cohen
3. Criticism doesn’t necessarily solve problems. A positive mindset may help you better.
“You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” — Jessica Ortner
4. One day you’ll realise everyone has the same insecurities and you’ll feel just a little bit lighter.
“I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does—even the people that I consider flawless—then you can start to live with the way you are.” — Taylor Swift
5. Loving yourself should not be extraordinary. It should be the norm.
“I say I love myself, and they’re like, ‘oh my gosh’, she’s so brave. She’s so political. For what? All I said is ‘I love myself, bitch!’” — Lizzo
6. Your body isn’t broken. Our perceptions are.
“Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” — Eve Ensler
7. There will never be a better time to be proud of your body.
“As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to my daughter because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.” — Kate Winslet
8. You decide how beautiful you are.
“People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder.” — Salma Hayek
9. In the end, beauty doesn’t last forever.
“I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” — Selena Gomez
10. Your body isn’t your entire self – learn the difference.
“I think about my body as a tool to do the stuff I need to do, but not the be all and end all of my existence.” — Lena Dunham
11. Practice kindness. Begin with yourself first.
“Step away from the mean girls and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks. Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.” — Oprah
12. Beauty is what we decide it is.
“You define beauty yourself, society doesn’t define your beauty.” — Lady Gaga
13. Nobody can make you hate your body when YOU decide to love it.
“You all can judge my body all you want, but at the end of the day it’s MY body. I love it and I’m comfortable in my own skin.” — Simone Biles
14. Feeling healthy is what matters.
“Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” — Michelle Obama
15. Let’s all take a step back to examine how we think of our bodies inside our heads.
“Don’t let your mind bully your body.” — June Tomaso Wood
16. How are you supposed to feel motivated while you’re miserable?
“Work out because you love your body, not because you hate it.” – Torre Washington
17. Once you realise this, nothing can get to you.
“Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.” – Emma Watson
18. We put too much pressure on ourselves idealizing women who have whole teams of people trying to make them look a certain way. Of course you don’t look like a movie star – where’s the rest of your crew?
“Even I don’t wake up looking like Cindy Crawford.” – Cindy Crawford
19. When you’re finally able to accept yourself, with your flaws and your differences, everything else will cease to matter.
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
20. You cannot improve yourself if you lack clarity as to what is achievable and what is not – everyone’s reality is different, why do our bodies need to be the same?
“No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.” — Robert Holden
Did you like our list of the best body positivity quotes? Check out the rest of our website for more relatable quotes and verses!